• Stock Rims

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • 03/04 Cobras 17x9 on all 4

Votes: 33 71.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
Long story short, I'm trying to buy a daily driver so I can park my Mystic and only drive on nice days. We've had tons of bad weather lately, it's only a matter of time before something happens (like get caught in a hail storm). I really like my new wheels, but I could really use some extra money to use so I can get a new dd. I'm really thinking I'll keep the wheels because I'm happy with them, but I still have the stock ones with good tires. Which wheels do you guys prefer, the stockers or the chrome 04 cobras? If the majority likes the stockers better (I know there are some that don't care for the 03/04's), I may swap out and sale.
IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

Added pics (older ones)
Before I changed the look of the front with lights, removed plate, and paint:
CIMG2532.jpg

CIMG2620.jpg

Last edited:

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
03's FTMFW I hate the stockers but it is your car and if you need the money it is understandable. Best of luck to ya I will have some 95 Cobra R's for sale shortly after my 03's get here so let me know if you get desperate. Nice car by the way love the Mystics.:beer:

cmsnake

Established Member
I like the stock wheels better. They seem to accent the hod scoops and foglights very well. The 03 cobras like to edgy for my taste on a sn95. Clean the stock wheels though! They look much better clean with some tire shine....

uofipilot

Established Member
I still have my stockers, but I'm looking for something new. IMO, the stockers look too bulky. I think something with thinner spokes (like 03/04s, fr500s, and corba Rs) look much better on the sn95s.

Keep the 03/04s.

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
I don't "have" to sale them, it'd just help out if I did. It was just a thought that had passed through my mind. I know at the end of the day, all that matters is that I like them. There are some (even a few who've posted here) that don't care for the 03/04's, and that's fine by me. That's what this thread's for, just to see what the general opinion is on them. As far as the pics, I've not had a chance for an actual photoshoot, more like just a quick wash and stopping by on my way somewhere, so the car isn't as clean as I'd like (and that's the reason for this because I'm tired of using it as my dd). Thanks!

amorrow

Established Member
I cast another vote for the stock rims. Certain modifications were appealing early on, but I like the [now different] look of the '96-7 wheels, stock painted bumper inserts, etc. And if your tires weren't so dingy in the stock pics, your wheels would look better, lol.

However, I'd consider having the rears widened for great looks and added traction...when funds become available.

Toasty

Established Member
My biggest complaint about the stock rims is the 8" width, which severely limits the tire width you can run. I like the look but wish I could get them in a 9" or larger width. Because of this and the way the 03-04's look on your mystic, I'd say stay with the stockers.

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
Yea, I don't have any pics of them "cleaned up", so that doesn't help. The 04 Cobras are 17x9 all around so not much better. If people like the stockers better (that and being a Mystic, stock may be better), I'd definitely consider having them widened later on, probably to 17x10 or 17x10.5 so I could run 315's. My main concern is getting a dd, all it'd take is one hail storm to total out my car, and with the recent weather it really has me concerned. When I'm looking at a $2500 beater, and few hundred extra would really help out. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread