stock98cobra runs 8.4

welchstang

Established Member
I have a friend with a stock 98 cobra, what I mean by stock is stock gears, stock motor, no bolt ons at all, only drag radials, x2c upper and lowers, tokico shocks and struts stock springs, guy runs 8.4, beleivable???

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
welchstang said:
I have a friend with a stock 98 cobra, what I mean by stock is stock gears, stock motor, no bolt ons at all, only drag radials, x2c upper and lowers, tokico shocks and struts stock springs, guy runs 8.4, beleivable???

What was his trap speed and his 60ft? That's impressive, but with his mods and the right driver I guess it's possible.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Are you talking 8.4 in the 1/8 mile I assume?
welchstang said:

00GT

Banned
welchstang said:
only drag radials, x2c upper and lowers, tokico shocks and struts stock springs, guy runs 8.4, beleivable???

That is not stock, but impressive run with so little done.

welchstang

Established Member
yes the 1/8th mile, and i am thinking motor is stock, no bolt ons, just suspension thats it and tires. stock gears, stock intake, stock paper air filter, stock airbox,but people have their definition of stock. I just want opinions on the cobra running 8.4, a friend of mine said its a FLUKE???WTF does that mean, anyway, what are everyones thoughts??

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Sounds about right. I think a stock 98 cobra with just drag radials could pull 8.4s all day with someone like me driving the hell out of it. 5k launch powershift every gear, and i'm off. The suspension mods arn't anything to dramatic, so its close to stock in my book

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Sounds about right. He has a nice suspension set-up which is letting him hook up like he should. He has soem ok traction, and that's all you need with a ****ing v-8 modular. I see modular n/a cobra's in the 7's with bolt-on's all the time. Just takes some nice tires so the cobra can actually get planted and put it's power to the ground. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread