Stock wheel lovers look!

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
i have 4 that came off my car with 12,000 miles on them but i use them as weights to hold my car tent down..

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
when my stockers come off im going to sand em down and powdercoat them and use 2 of them for the track with my slicks... the ghettofied look

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Alot of fox guys buy these after doing a 5 lug conversion as they fit really well in their fenders and are 1" wider than the stock wheels. I have my set of four in the attic with 46k miles on them and just can't bring myself to let go of them. By the way...we can post ebay links in here as long as you are not advertising something you are selling for your business. We all want to know about good deals!

Last edited:

fast_lane

Cobra Junkie
Established Member
Pony R's

This Place sells Pony R's for the Fox Mustang, these are modified 91-93 Wheels that are 17" and 5 lug. http://www.ponyr.com/. I have used these before on an 89 Mustang with the Cobra Brake setup, quality was good, service was good. They may be able to modify some of the Stock 96-97 Cobra Wheels too, since they do there work on these in house.

mystical

Established Member
I was contemplating widening my stockers but when I did the math and weighed out my options, I decided that you simply cannot beat the look and price of $600-700 chrome saleen reps. If only the tires were that cheap too.....

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I was contemplating widening my stockers but when I did the math and weighed out my options, I decided that you simply cannot beat the look and price of $600-700 chrome saleen reps. If only the tires were that cheap too.....
Yeh it's ridiculous that short life tires cost more than long term rims! :cuss:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Have you (or anyone else) ever known anyone to do that? And what were the results? I've always thought it would be cool to have the stock wheels widened.

I know a guy localt that has his widened to 10". They look good and I don't think he has had any problems with them.

Hmm, that scenario sounds very familiar...

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
if anyone remember the old boss 429 ford did, in a 94-95 cobra, they had the factory wheels widened to 10's i beleive.. i need to pull that mag back out and look

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member

It's kind of funny how the num bers for that thinkg compare with a current Z06. Just think if we could actualy have that engine from the factory. Surely in 24 years they could have found a way to make the thing get a little better gas mileage. Heck, if it were better than a Toyota Tundra, I'd take it with a 429!

I know there are a lot ofplaces that widen rims. From what I gathered when I was wanting to do it, most won't go further than 2 inches wider. I think I found a place that would do 2.5" more, but there was something with that situation that I didn't like. i think they wanted a whole other donor rim if I remember correctly. That was basicaly the coffin nail for my stock rims. Now they reside on my 91. If I ever found a way to get the same style in 17x11, I'd switch back, but for now, I'm happy with the Saleen's.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car...adiZ2865QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140243344276&

I know were not really supposed to post ebay links (forgive me stampede) but I had to share this finding. Personally I think this is a smokin deal if your a fan of the 96-97 stockers or if your doing a resto.

Rare stuff that has to do with 96-98s are fine as long as it isn't a link to your stuff and advertised as such.

Also the ebay links I refer to is the "Look at this ugly ass cobra" type stuff.

However, we can't let it get out of hand and have 8 threads a day on it.
:beer::beer::beer:

Helomech74

Established Member
Weldcraft wheels will do widening and narrowing of wheels up to any width you want, and no other 'Donor" wheels are needed. I had a set of aftermarket FR500 wheels redone. They widened the rears to 11" and narrowed the fronts down to 5". These are now my drag wheels. The nice thing about the fronts, is that I don't need a spacer to clear the brakes, and they sit in nice and flush with the fender. They guarantee the wheel to balance perfectly when done (which they did), and they are just as strong or stronger then before.

Users who are viewing this thread