Stock tune and AIT2

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, really. So basically from now till October my car is heat-soaked. Great!

Most turners change the settings to to start pulling timing at 130 to 140 degrees, you can always do a upgrade heat exchanger, that will help at a stop light

heatsoaked12

Established Member
I was watching my iat2 while cruising on a cool night and noticed the temps getting up to 115 f then dropping quickly back down to 98f. I think the pump turns on and off at those two points. if i could wire the pump and fan to run to run longer (on a switch ) I'm thinking heat soak may be a thing of the passed (other than post parking on a hot day for a few minutes)While running the cooling fan and cooling pump at the same time it has to result in way cooler iat2 temps. I think I'm going to try this and post results this summer. I believe Ford keeps the iat2 temps a little high to prevent condensation from entering the cylinder heads for those who daily drive their cars all year. Forgot to mention, I was reading it off of my Aeroforce gage.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
From the 2014 Factory Service Manual
Supercharged vehicles use 2 IAT sensors. Both sensors are thermistor type devices and operate as described above. One is located before the supercharger at the air cleaner for standard OBD and cold weather input, while the second sensor, intake air temperature 2 (IAT2), is located after the supercharger in the intake manifold. The IAT2 sensor provides air temperature information to the PCM to control spark and to help determine CAC efficiency. The IAT2 sensor is centrally located on the intake manifold and is used to measure the intake manifold temperature. The PCM uses the information from the IAT2 sensor to determine the air charge and provide input for various engine control functions. The IAT2 sensor is integrated with the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor.

Last edited:

heatsoaked12

Established Member
That would be IAT. If it were IAT2 it would read "IAT2" I read IAT2 through my Aeroforce gage and feel its one of the most important gages as the computer pulls timing when this temp is up(somewhere between 125 and 130 f so I've read) to protect the engine.

Last edited:

Wharf Rat

Established Member
On the dash you can see AIT which is pretty much useless on a supercharged car as far as I can tell. If you get an Aeroforce you can read AIT2. It was 100 here yesterday and my AIT2 on my Aeroforce was sitting at 135 on the highway and 145 in stop and go traffic.

Spectre500

23yrs USAF RET
Established Member
I'm running the stock heat exchanger on my 2014 w/ 2.8 KB LC and with ambient temp at 88 degrees and 90% humidity here in Florida Im running 118/125 at start up and 135 after she's warmed up. If I do a 3rd gear wot she climbs to 160 and then corrects back to 135. Only way around this IMO is to get the VMP triple pass HE or The Shelby Competition HE. I use the Aeroforce gauge as well and agree its one of the most important parameters to watch. Anyone else considering this option??

Users who are viewing this thread