Stock track times

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
I was wanting to know what everyones times are when they were stock. I think my truck is kindof slow. I ran a 9.20 1/8 and 14.20 1/4 with K&N CAI and flowmaster 1 chamber catbacks. I was leaving at 1100-1200. On the street it will not spin for a standstill unless you stall it up to about 1400 or so. I was mainly want to see if is good or not for a stock truck. I'm wanting to get more stuff done but I want to know where I started from.

I going to get it tuned by BamaChips soon.

Chris

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Whats your density altitude there (DA)? Never been to the track completely stock but with only the mods in my sig (K&N is the only engine upgrade) I have had a best of 13.5? in the cool spring air. My best in hot summer air is 13.9? That was on stock goodyears aired down to 24psi. We aren't too far from sea level here I believe.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
A lot of it depends on the DA and the temp like noted above. For refrence, my truck stock with a K&N in hot air with a high DA' ran 9.27 best in the 1/8th. On a colder night with a better 60' it ran 8.86 in the 1/8th. If you could race at a close to sea level track, these truck will go mid 13's pretty easy with a good 60' mostly stock.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I would say high 13's on a good day... My best is a 13.00 @ 106 mph, talk about traction being an issue, my god.

Z7What

Powered By Eaton
Established Member
I was wanting to know what everyones times are when they were stock. I think my truck is kindof slow. I ran a 9.20 1/8 and 14.20 1/4 with K&N CAI and flowmaster 1 chamber catbacks. I was leaving at 1100-1200. On the street it will not spin for a standstill unless you stall it up to about 1400 or so. I was mainly want to see if is good or not for a stock truck. I'm wanting to get more stuff done but I want to know where I started from.

I going to get it tuned by BamaChips soon.

Chris

Its slow.Something must be wrong. I can spin the piss out of my 38's from a dead stop without bring the RPMs up, just putting it to the floor. I would start by cleaning I/C, plugs, fuel filter, clean air filter,....

Wayne

96grimreaper

Established Member
yea you should have no problem spinning the tires with these trucks but that has nothing to do with how fast your truck is......to a point. Actually I would give up a lot if I could keep my truck from spinning lol

I would start by doing some simple cleaning and "tune ups"

Chas

Established Member
I ran a 13.68 @ 101 bone stock. Weather and track conditions can have a huge impact on your times. What was your 60' times?

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
I can't find my time slips in my truck. I will have to look tonight for them at home. The track was preped very well. When I left it felt like it bogged and didn't start pulling untill the 60 ft mark. I don't know the DA but the temp was around 60 degrees or so. I was think I should of been in the high 8's and high 13's. Thats the reason I was asking. I'm planing on going back and seeing if what I did helped.

I changed my plugs a couple of days after the track. (which I had 3 different styles in there 6 ngks tr6's 1 autolight 103 and one stock plug) That seemed to help. The truck started missing (thats the reason I changed the plugs) and I found out one plug looked real bad but it was one coil pack that was bad so I replaced all of my coil packs with the MSD coil packs. Again maybe it helped but it could be in my head.

JoeyD Boosted

Deep Reflection
Established Member
Constant 13.4's @ 102-103
See signature.
Could not even try to "launch", traction was a joke.

Just like most people in the thread say- Mid 13's stock.

ASUSMC

Oh Hi!!!
Established Member
I run low 14's at a 2200ish DA. Stock with a C&L elbow and Magnaflow catback.

You want to talk about traction issues the old car: 13.008 @ 115.4 with a slipping clutch

Last edited:

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
I'm going to go back and try mabe the new plugs and coilpacks will fix the problem. It fills some better but it's just seat of pants. I'll will let ya'll know if it helped. Thanks for the responses.

Chris

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
My dad ran consistent 13.7-13.8 at 99-100mph. Easing into it. Here at the coast it was hot. If I can remember it was in the high 70's low eighties at about 9 p.m. with about 95% humidity. So those times seem a little slow.

YMMV

In your wife
Established Member
My cousin ran 13.3 stock in his 99L at E-Town in nice cold weather.

Users who are viewing this thread