stock tensioner went out again

anex01

Established Member
01 cobra w/vortech v2-sq with stock tensioner this is the 2nd one that has died on me.can anyone recommend a after market one?what set up are most people using?these single bolt tensioner are junk!!!!:??:

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
are you using a stock one

I was using aftermarket ones, and I went through 3, hope this one lasts, I hate takin that blower and bracket apart to get to the damn thing

Helomech74

Established Member
Is yours a 3 bolt or single bolt style tensioner? If it's a 3 bolt, you will need to verify the bolt pattern. There are 2 different 3 bolt tensioners and a single bolt style as well.

01yellercobra

Established Member
will the 03-04 cobra tensioner work for the 01 cobra?

No, it won't. The 01's have a single bolt tensioner.

What part of the tensioner is going bad? Is it the pulley itself or the spring inside the tensioner? Did you use a Ford part or did you pick one up at the local parts place?

Last edited:

anex01

Established Member
No, it won't. The 01's have a single bolt tensioner.

What part of the tensioner is going bad? Is it the pulley itself or the spring inside the tensioner? Did you use a Ford part or did you pick one up at the local parts place?
no it is from the dealership.and yes it is a single bolt tensioner with a 8 rib set up.the spring it self can't handle the power for some reason.i just ordered another one so hopefully it will last longer then 2months this time.

Users who are viewing this thread