stock Supercharger pulley won't come off

88stangnut

Established Member
Ok so i am trying to remove the stock eaton pulley to install a 2.8 pulley. I have the special pulley removal tool but the stock pulley is not coming off the shaft. I get to a point where i can't turn the nut on the tool anymore.

Anyone every have this issue or any ideas on what i can try?

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
You are using a pulley puller specifically for removing an eaton supercharge pulley, right? A regular pulley puller won't do it.

88stangnut

Established Member
Yes it is LFP pulley puller. I follow the instructions and it says as the nut is tightened the pulley should pop and come off the shaft. But that is not the case i tighten until i can't tighten anymore. The pulley hasn't budged

KLLR SNK

Established Member
You might post a pic so we can see where you are in the process. Make sure you use some grease or anti seize on the threads of the puller tool bolt. Back off the bolt a little to relieve stress then go at it again.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Put as much preload on it as you can and then get a torch and start heating the pulley up out by the grooves and then towards the center. The inner diameter of the pulley will grow just a hair and usually it'll pop loose.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Put as much preload on it as you can and then get a torch and start heating the pulley up out by the grooves and then towards the center. The inner diameter of the pulley will grow just a hair and usually it'll pop loose.
I second that. I keep a pencil torch in my toolbox for those times.

Users who are viewing this thread