Stock-style motor mount replacements for GT500?

marsh2o

Established Member
I'm replacing my stock K-member with one from Maximum Motorsports and am searching for stock-style motor mounts to replace the OEM Ford units, which are no longer available. I realize that there are poly 'washer-style' mounts that are available, but I want to avoid anything that increases NVH. When I do a search, I see a number of potential aftermarket replacements for the Ford units but have no idea of their relative quality. Any recommendations?

marsh2o

Established Member
Is there something wrong with your current mounts?
I've got over a 110,000 miles on the current mounts and, since I'm going to be replacing my K-member anyway and planning a significant power increase on my rebuilt engine, I think it just makes sense to replace the old mounts now, rather than wait and have to do so in another ~10K-50K miles.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Try Tascaparts.com, part number 7R3Z-6038-A for 2007-2014 GT500, $69.16 each.

marsh2o

Established Member
I didn't know those were discontinued.
Do you run headers?
They may not be. I thought I had done a pretty thorough search for the OEM motor mounts and even tried ordering them from a local Ford dealer but was told they were no longer available. However, as SCGallo2 notes, Tasca still lists them on their website and I have placed an order. Should know soon.

marsh2o

Established Member
Try Tascaparts.com, part number 7R3Z-6038-A for 2007-2014 GT500, $69.16 each.
When I tried ordering through my local dealer, they cancelled the order, stating that the mounts were no longer available. But after seeing your post, I did place an order with Tasca. Thanks!

marsh2o

Established Member
My Tasca order was cancelled, so the OEM motor mounts are no longer available from Ford. Which returns me to my original question: any recommendations on a quality aftermarket replacement?

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
That's my biggest problem with Tasca. You go through their website and add things to your cart, and check out. You only find out later that things were back ordered or not in production anymore. Lately I've been sending them an email having them physically check if things are in stock before I go through with an order.

marsh2o

Established Member
That's my biggest problem with Tasca. You go through their website and add things to your cart, and check out. You only find out later that things were back ordered or not in production anymore. Lately I've been sending them an email having them physically check if things are in stock before I go through with an order.
Yeah, they definitely need to update their online catalog. They list a 2014 5.8 shortblock for $6440.79 and a 5.8 block for $2541.50 -- and I believe both of these haven't been available for years.

Users who are viewing this thread