Stock SRT-4 vs. modded Lightning?

02TrueBlu

Established Member
lol, well im done over there... but just do this. go through and read there sigs... most of them have a billion mods and have a best time of like 12.60..... and the ones with 2 billion mods run close to 12.40's.... there are slow as dirt IMO.... that probably was a real run... from a roll they are decent, not the greatest

Darknight

Established Member
02TrueBlu said:
lol, well im done over there... but just do this. go through and read there sigs... most of them have a billion mods and have a best time of like 12.60..... and the ones with 2 billion mods run close to 12.40's.... there are slow as dirt IMO.... that probably was a real run... from a roll they are decent, not the greatest

Yeah, I actually used to own one. That is why when I first read the thread title I thought it was a stock SRT-4 and I knew damn well that outcome wouldn't happen with a stock SRT-4. But then I reread and realized he meant stock turbo.

My SRT-4 was modded enough to probably hit a high 12 with traction, but I think people underestimate the lightnings acceleration at higher speeds. My L with just CAI and tune was faster than my modded SRT-4 until I hit 4th gear at 115-120 then the SRT-4 would inch it out (but still by 140 my L would have still be slightly ahead or even). But now I have a ported eaton, 6lb lower, along with the CAI and tune. With traction I would absolutely destroy my old car from a dig especially and still pretty bad from a roll.

This truck really impressed me after hearing how "allegedly" bad they were supposed to be from a roll.

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
I wouldnt buy one, ever. Its a f*cking neon. Though they are pretty quick I'll give them that.

If I wanted to spend 15-25g's on a car that goes fast again, i'd go pick up a 94-96 TT supra. Cars should have 2 doors, and should give you an erection more than the chick that wants a ride in it with you does.

Darknight

Established Member
inuswo said:
I wouldnt buy one, ever. Its a f*cking neon. Though they are pretty quick I'll give them that.

If I wanted to spend 15-25g's on a car that goes fast again, i'd go pick up a 94-96 TT supra. Cars should have 2 doors, and should give you an erection more than the chick that wants a ride in it with you does.

Honestly when I owned the car, I really didn't care that it was a neon it was fast for what it was...but I just didn't like the daily driveability of it. Just imagine how weak a 4 cyl engine feels with 8.0:1 compression unless your in boost. The car was pretty damn fast in boost...but just regular driving I hated the car. And even though the turbo is small and spools quickly I still hated the gap of power between gears unless you were powershifting it. I don't know, really the only thing I liked better about that car was the gas mileage. Other than that I like my L 1000x's better.

LightningMAS

Banned
i dont even hear a damn whine in that video.. that was not even a race.. wtf?? that lightning should be whining like a baby.. he didnt even go wot. maybe 3/4 throttle..

all skittles are slow pos.. ok enuff said..

i want that ***er to race me..

Last edited:

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
I'll give those neons one good prop. I had one actually save my life.

Riding with a buddy of mine in a srt-4 and we were doing about 120 on a back road and the guy either his a pot hole or swerved to miss a dog, no one really knows.

The little black box that was pulled told the cops at moment of impact the car was doing 110. He nosed dived it into a ditch. The car rolled and cart wheeled and flipped. It ended up upside down in a field with no lights.

The drive was ejected and I had my seatbelt on so I stayed in. If I would have been thrown I would have been killed. They had to cut me out of the car. I had a broken femur (thigh bone) and lose 4 units of blood. But I survived.

It was definetly fast, but not as fast as my L, and the accident is what gave me the opportunity to get my L. All that time laid up I could search for them all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread