Super Moderator
just wondering what are the real world stock 93s times

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
SVT Mustang Cobra Recognition Guide quotes:

0-60 5.7
1/4 14.3 @ 98

I think these are the Ford Factory numbers... I've never seen a timeslip, but I think most will report very low 14s, stock-ish

1qwkpny

Established Member
times

The first time I ran mine(#104) it was completely stock with nothing removed(spare tire, intake silencer,etc.) it ran 13.9's-14.2's. I simply couldnt get out of the hole without spinning or bogging. I then ordered a set of bf dragradials and man what a difference, now I could come out at 3200rpm and it only chirped the tires when I hit second instead of spinning all the way through it. The bf's dropped me down to the 13.4's best of 13.41@103. Next I ordered a bassani off-road x-pipe and installed 3.27 gears from my buddies '87 and installed a k&n replacement panel filter minus silencer those additions dropped me down to 13.24@105. I just ordered a pair of slicks(26x9) and 4.10 gears and will be going up to a conical filter plus a 75mm pro-m meter, flowmasters, and possibly (dont know that I want to open it up just yet)swapping in a lunati cam(nearly identical to the f-cam). Hopefully, with these mods I'll be solidly in the high 12's. Of course the elevation has just been relisted at 1710 above sea level so that will change the conversion factor that was previously being used for 1100ft abve sea lvl. Anyways, I 've only lost a few(3) races off the track but it was Me that lost not the car as I missed third gear (soon to be installing a new shifter) but absolute speed isnt why I own the car. I own it b/c its a collector , sure I probably shouldn't be rodding on it but what the hell ya only live once and it only has 6483miles on it (I bought it with .9 miles on the odo.). This a piece of automotive history just like the 2003 Red Mach 1 I just order is. I suppose I'll park the snake on blocks once I pick up the Mach but it will be hard b/c it's so fun to drive.

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Mine ran a 14.6 @ 97 mph with the intake silencer and stock mufflers. This was my first run ever on a drag strip. I raced a 95 GT and beat it by a full second. I have now taken out the silencer and intalled a K&N, and soon I will have a Mac catback or a Flowmaster. I am hoping to break into the high 13s with some good driving. My first try on the strip was a massive burnout in first and second. Trying to perfect my launch.

Jason

I don't think that I ever took my Snake out stock but close...The first time I ran at the track I had a cold air kit, long tubes,off road h-pipe, and 3.73's...It ran a best a high 13, I have since added 2.5 inch two chamber flows,steeda pulleys, tri-ax shifter,maximum motorsports control arms, and a set of bfg's,ran twice with the new setup and rolled to a 13.3 at 104. Both times I bogged real bad coming off the line...On a perfect day and perfect launch I know I can spank out a 12.9 or better...:-D :-D(I think I have a better chance seeing God)

Last edited by a moderator:

venom93corba

Established Member
I need some help here. I can't seem to get in the 13's with my mods. My best is a 14.1 @98 w/ a 2.0 60 ft. I thinking my car out of tune, I'm gonna get a dyno tune and a chip next month and see it makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread