Stock Short Block - Whats it worth?

HighPSI

Established Member
My bearings went on my stock short block so now I'm getting a new 4.75 from MMR. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what my block is worth with 58,000 miles on it? Pistons, rods and crank are good and no scoring anywhere. Just needs new bearings and its good to go.

Thanks for any input!

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
If you don't mind me asking, how did the block go out?

HighPSI

Established Member
Not entirely sure but it whatever it was caused the bearings to go. Everything else is good tough.

Quick Strike

Established Member
It is hard to hurt bearings without hurting the crank or rods some (maybe even pistons). You would want to know the extent of the damage before putting a price on the short block. That way you can subtract the machining costs for correction in the price offered for the short block. I would rather start with a worn short block then one with damage.

Ironhand

Banned
it is hard to hurt bearings without hurting the crank or rods some (maybe even pistons). You would want to know the extent of the damage before putting a price on the short block. That way you can subtract the machining costs for correction in the price offered for the short block. I would rather start with a worn short block then one with damage.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread