Stock Shelby GT500 Cast Iron exhaust Manifold weight

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The improvement is throughout the whole power band. And the high flow cats are an integral part of the improvement ( The stock cats/mid pipe reduce way down to about 1 3/4 " where they bolt up to the header collector which is a restriction ).
I had Kooks high flow cats on my 11 & they threw codes.
What co.'s cats are you running ??

Jogo

Established Member
I had Kooks high flow cats on my 11 & they threw codes.
What co.'s cats are you running ??
The matching jba high flow cats and mid pipe. The simple solution is to not getting a code is to install o2 simulators. There are a couple good american made stainless steel brands available on the internet.

claybeatz

Established Member
Welp, hopefully I should be picking my car up tomorrow.. these JBAs are the hardest “bolt on” my buddy has ever installed because of all the custom work required lol

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Welp, hopefully I should be picking my car up tomorrow.. these JBAs are the hardest “bolt on” my buddy has ever installed because of all the custom work required lol
I'm going to think this thru very carefully. Cant wait to hear your upgrade @claybeatz Hope it exceeds your expectations!!

fearthesnake

Established Member
For all the extra work and modifications needed, what's the benefits of installing shorty headers versus Long Tube headers?

Finally got around to having my ARH LTHs with Injectors/BAPs installed this week and converting to E85. Tune session planned on the 21st, cant wait!

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
For all the extra work and modifications needed, what's the benefits of installing shorty headers versus Long Tube headers?

Finally got around to having my ARH LTHs with Injectors/BAPs installed this week and converting to E85. Tune session planned on the 21st, cant wait!
For Me.....Im not sure i want to give up my Carb complaint 50 state E.O SS package because i might end up in a green state. JBA shorties are considered direct replacement of stock manifolds and are CARB complaint and have a E.O. Small gains but are 50 state legal. Im not sure what the hell im going to do. My other option is holeshot package at SAI but ill loose my E.O and carb compliance status and be street illegal. I'll be fine in a state with no emissions testing but not sure that will happen. Thats the situation. There is a third option.......leave it as it is.....

Jogo

Established Member

You could be trying too hard with E85 conversion but getting rid of the horrible stock log style exhaust manifolds and installing headers ( long tubes or short tubes ) plus high flow cats will be a very great improvement

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

You should have a solid 40-50rwhp in those upgrades with tuning!
The benefits are improving exhaust flow and removing the liability of stock cats.
Cats are a significant risk on any modified and boosted car. In talking to the Ford Performance engineers, the biggest hurdle was getting cats to live in a boosted high power environment (remember the 100k/10yr mandatory warranty on the emissions components). Same for the Hellcat/SRT engineers and the early Hellcats had a cat recall due to failure.
The LTs will just amplify the exhaust flow and scavenging over the shorty headers and both are better than the stock logs.
Keep us posted on the tuning results.
Your an OG and it should sound and pull like a whole new car in a good way. Hope you got some fresh sticky rubbers!
-J

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The matching jba high flow cats and mid pipe. The simple solution is to not getting a code is to install o2 simulators. There are a couple good american made stainless steel brands available on the internet.

Btw, good american made stainless steel O2 simulators will work ( stop related codes ) on any brand of cats. And they are a very easy install.
This may work in a state that doesn't have inspection, not in N.J......thanks anyway !!

fearthesnake

Established Member
For Me.....Im not sure i want to give up my Carb complaint 50 state E.O SS package because i might end up in a green state. JBA shorties are considered direct replacement of stock manifolds and are CARB complaint and have a E.O. Small gains but are 50 state legal. Im not sure what the hell im going to do. My other option is holeshot package at SAI but ill loose my E.O and carb compliance status and be street illegal. I'll be fine in a state with no emissions testing but not sure that will happen. Thats the situation. There is a third option.......leave it as it is.....
I'm sorry, you stated that earlier in this discussion and for making you restate it again. I can see how it benefits you the most for your current situation. Good luck on your moving options, hope you find the ideal spot you are searching for!

fearthesnake

Established Member
You should have a solid 40-50rwhp in those upgrades with tuning!
The benefits are improving exhaust flow and removing the liability of stock cats.
Cats are a significant risk on any modified and boosted car. In talking to the Ford Performance engineers, the biggest hurdle was getting cats to live in a boosted high power environment (remember the 100k/10yr mandatory warranty on the emissions components). Same for the Hellcat/SRT engineers and the early Hellcats had a cat recall due to failure.
The LTs will just amplify the exhaust flow and scavenging over the shorty headers and both are better than the stock logs.
Keep us posted on the tuning results.
Your an OG and it should sound and pull like a whole new car in a good way. Hope you got some fresh sticky rubbers!
-J
One of the 1st things/advice my tuner stated to me was ditch the cats if you plan on adding more boost/power. I took his advice, lol.

I got to where I didn't like the sound(and smell of 93, like E85 much better) of the off road X-Pipe so went with the ARH LTH and H Pipe. Hope it's got a deeper tone now. The shop called yesterday and said it sounds MUCH better now with that setup.

Have about 1/4 tank of 93 that's being driven out today/tomorrow and then fresh E85 goes in Friday. Already have tunes to support both on file. Just a driver tune so no boost or hard pulls until I can get it on the dyno.

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sorry, you stated that earlier in this discussion and for making you restate it again. I can see how it benefits you the most for your current situation. Good luck on your moving options, hope you find the ideal spot you are searching for!
Got my eye on Brookings, Oregon @fearthesnake Good news, I found out today that brookings has no mandatory emissions testing in oregon.....(y)

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Winner! I bet its beautiful on the Coast.
Its absolutley breathtaking if you enjoy the ocean, national forest and small towns. No snow but alittle more rain in winter months. Temps range in the 30-50's in the winter and 70's in the summer. I cant wait to cruise highway 101 up the coast in the SS. This is where im planning to retire, im in the process of looking for a home and/or property.

Last edited:

claybeatz

Established Member
Update on the jba shorty install, dipstick tube broke maneuvering it around the headers.. 2 weeks for the new part. See ya in two weeks fellas haha

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Update on the jba shorty install, dipstick tube broke maneuvering it around the headers.. 2 weeks for the new part. See ya in two weeks fellas haha
Damn man! Sorry to hear about the temporary setback! After the news I found out today Im pretty sure im going to go with the holeshot/antihop upgrade at SAI. LTH's for me!! Hang in there brother it will be worth it!!!

claybeatz

Established Member
Damn man! Sorry to hear about the temporary setback! After the news I found out today Im pretty sure im going to go with the holeshot/antihop upgrade at SAI. LTH's for me!! Hang in there brother it will be worth it!!!
Yeah I think your SS beast really deserves those LTH. It’s all good it will work out! At least the car is done except for this…

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah I think your SS beast really deserves those LTH. It’s all good it will work out! At least the car is done except for this…
Thanks @claybeatz I think your gonna really be happy with the jba shorties once its all done and said. Its definitely a challenging install but its going to payoff......(y)

Users who are viewing this thread