stock ride height

P_RsSVT

Established Member
Hey guys, I know this has been discussed before but I cant find it. What is stock ride height for our cobras... Thanks.......

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
Yeah, there are some other threads on this. I just happen to be getting some springs tomorrow (stock coupe springs for my vert) and so I measured mine before changing them out:
Stock '04 Cobra Convertible suspension:
LF=27"
RF=27"
LR=27.75"
RR=27.25"

These are measured from the ground straight up to the bottom edge of the fender lip. My LR is a little higher, but this may resolve with my weight in the driver's seat...

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Cobra-21 said:
Yeah, there are some other threads on this. I just happen to be getting some springs tomorrow (stock coupe springs for my vert) and so I measured mine before changing them out:
LF=27"
RF=27"
LR=27.75"
RR=27.25"

These are measured from the ground straight up to the bottom edge of the fender lip. My LR is a little higher, but this may resolve with my weight in the driver's seat...
Wow, I think verts sit a little lower than coupes. With Kenny Brown lowering springs on my coupe, measurments are:
LF=26.5
RF=26.5
LR=27.75
RR=27.75(maybe 1/8" lower)

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
That's a little surprising. But then again the verts have a lower rate spring in them:
Coupe fronts=600 lbs/in
Vert fronts=500 lbs/in

Coupe rears=600 lbs/in
Vert rears=470lbs/in

So you might expect verts to sit slightly lower and ride "softer". On the other hand, my car doesn't really look low to me. Also, Ford specifies a different shock part# on both ends for the convertible...

I'm wondering,did you use stock isolators? If you added aftermarket, such as MM, that could actually be raising your height slightly.

P_RsSVT

Established Member
Cobra-21 said:
LF=27"
RF=27"
LR=27.75"
RR=27.25"

your ride hight should look good. Mine sits at 26.5 front and 27 rear with the h&r race isos removed in the front and stock isos in the rear. Im hoping they settle a bit. anybody with coupe stock measurement?

DitchTehFish

Established Member
Cobra-21 said:
That's a little surprising. But then again the verts have a lower rate spring in them:
Coupe fronts=600 lbs/in
Vert fronts=500 lbs/in

Coupe rears=600 lbs/in
Vert rears=470lbs/in

So you might expect verts to sit slightly lower and ride "softer". On the other hand, my car doesn't really look low to me. Also, Ford specifies a different shock part# on both ends for the convertible...

I'm wondering,did you use stock isolators? If you added aftermarket, such as MM, that could actually be raising your height slightly.

I used all stock isolators. I actually went out and measured again last night. Fronts= 26.5 Passenger rear=27.5 Driver rear= 27.68
The LR always sits higher than the RR and it pisses me off! FWIW, this is on 1/4 tank of gas.

Last edited:

P_RsSVT

Established Member
I forgot my mesurments, but I know that my left rear sits higher than right rear as well. Don't remember how much though. Car has been in the dealer for two weeks now. I should get it back monday and I'll re-measure. Thanks for the replies..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread