stock pulley\belt w\ Billetflow 2-100m + 1 90mm idler too tight?

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
I put the car back to stock yesterday except that I had a couple of bad stock idlers discovered by DANA a few months ago so I got the Billtflow idler set. 2-100mm and one 90mm. Now with the stock belt and pulley there is a sound comming from the SC snout or one of the pullies. Its hard to tell but it sounds like extra stress on the snout or one of the pullies. I did have to remove an idler to get the belt onto the pulley then reattach the idler.

Could it be too tight and cause that sound? It wasnt there before I turned it back to stock. I looked very closely from the side and none of the pullies are wobbling.

Where can I get a new set of idlers or at least the bearings on line? My dealership kept getting me the wrong stuff.

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
Thanks!

I only found one sight with the lower part number but it had a 70mm 8-rib pulley pictured. I just need the pressed one( 3 total).

Anyone have an idea of where I can get these? Google hasn't been very helpful and I couldnt find them on the Ford sight.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I would say its too tight... I mean you have stock belt, stock pulley... Stock idler size is 90mm and you added not (1) but (2) 100m idlers with same belt... It must have been tough getting that belt on?

dougwg

Established Member
go to any Ford dealer... with that part #, they can get it for you

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
Ok I'll try them. When I tried to get the tensioner pulley they got three wrong parts in in a row. hopefully they get it right this time.

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
I just pulled the BF idlers off and the two 100mm had what looked like new oil run down the back side. Not like it had been spinning but a leak had developed because of pressure.

Is that possible that there was that much stress put on them? The 90mm was fine. I'm ordering the stockers tommorrow so hopefully I get them soon.

There was only about an eighth of an in of play on the tensioner. How much is enough or too much? I've never heard it explained.

Users who are viewing this thread