Stock mufflers restrictive?

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
I currently have o/r x-pipe with bassani race mufflers and coupled to the vortech blower it's pretty loud. So just how restrictive is the stock axleback as I'm considering putting them back on if it means I won't lose any power

grabber blue gt

Established Member
Any axleback doesnt really do much as far as freeing up HP. Most you'll get is like 2-5hp. Have any videos of the bassani with o/r x though, cause this is the setup I am thinking of going with.

Bud

Established Member
Would be an interesting and easy test on the dyno. I know the usual saying that axle back is just for sound and no change in power, but curious if the same holds true when you are running 200+ more hp than stock through the stock mufflers.

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
I keep hearing that it's only for sound and weight savings but I haven't seen proof. I went back to the track after the axleback install when it was still stock and it wasn't any faster

Bud

Established Member
I keep hearing that it's only for sound and weight savings but I haven't seen proof. I went back to the track after the axleback install when it was still stock and it wasn't any faster

Weight savings is the only reason I want to get rid of my stock mufflers but I refuse to run the car any louder than it already is. At least the weight is on the right end of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread