Stock mid-pipe question on my 96

Rick98Z

Established Member
My car currently has what looks to be an o/r not catted BBK midpipe that has 4 electrical 02? connects going into it. I need to put a stock catted pipe on to get through MD inspection but think the stock pipe only has 2 connections for what I assume are 02 sensors. Am I right on this?

Rick98Z

Established Member
Okay that's what I was wondering, didn't see them in pics from the guy I am buying stock pipe from. His came off sn95 saleen gt so I believe it should work....sucks gotta do this for state inspection cause I am going to put bbk midpipe right back on after I get inspection :(

cbrown9064

Established Member
My car currently has what looks to be an o/r not catted BBK midpipe that has 4 electrical 02? connects going into it. I need to put a stock catted pipe on to get through MD inspection but think the stock pipe only has 2 connections for what I assume are 02 sensors. Am I right on this?

No, the stock h pipe has 4 o2 sensors, 2 before the cats (left and right) and 2 after the cats. The 2 before the cats are for the computer to check mixture and the two after are for the computer to check emissions. With an off road pipe, the aft 2 sensors will not see "catalyzed" exhaust and will trip the check engine light, unless they have been turned off in the computer.

In other words the aft two do not have anything to do with how the engine runs.

Rick98Z

Established Member
Cool that's exactly what I thought. Car doesn't have a check engine light on and came with a sct tuner but I have yet to hook it up. When I hook the stock pipes up, if I am sct tuned will I have an issue?

Users who are viewing this thread