stock manifolds to midpipe leak?

SVT Ryan

Established Member
I have a prochamber mid pipe and it is leaking at the driver side manifold. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it with no luck. Is this just a fitment issue with the prochambers or all aftermarket mid pipes?

toomanytoys

Established Member
I noticed that my Pypes x pipe wasnt as tight as the factory one was. Knocked the shoulder on the stud down with a Dremel and all was good.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
The secret to getting an aftermarket H/X pipe to fit without leaks is to cut the factory H pipe collector coupler off about 3" below the collector coupler and slip it inside the aftermarket H/X pipe collector coupler on the drivers side. Why you ask... Aftermarket H/X pipes have larger diameter collector couplers on the driver side then factory H.

Or go pick up some copper sealant (RTV for Exhaust) some have had success with this as well.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Ive installed A few magnaflow X pipes & never had a problem,re-used factory gasket & no RTV. I think you just need to clean the mating serf ice & tighten down straight/even.

ttk53

Established Member
drivers side is the ball and socket. do you have the little adapter that makes the 2.5" socket work with the 2.25" ball?

little thing in the middle

96_98_XPIPE_LRG.gif

Mystic03

Established Member
Have same mid and same F'n problem cannot get the driver side to sit flush I may switch mid pipes

SVT Ryan

Established Member
I think I'm going to switch to a bassani or/x if the exhaust shop can't fix it. I called them they quoted me $40 so we'll see

toomanytoys

Established Member
All you got to do is grind the shoulder on the studs down a little. That is whats stopping the pipe from mating

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
drivers side is the ball and socket. do you have the little adapter that makes the 2.5" socket work with the 2.25" ball?

little thing in the middle

96_98_XPIPE_LRG.gif

THIS. Again, If you do not have the adapter you can use the socket off your factory H-Pipe, you will have to cut it off and slip it in on your aftermarket H/X pipe. There is no gasket for the drivers side.

Users who are viewing this thread