Stock m112 snout question

BigEag205

Established Member
I bought this m112 for my 01 swap and I'm thinking the shaft the pulley sits on should be threaded inside and mine are junked. but then I think when we changed a buddies pulley it didn't have a bolt that threaded in it to hold the pulley on, it was just a plastic cap to seal it off. I may very well be losing my mind because it's been awhile and to me there should be a threaded bolt holding the pulley in place.

Anyways, here's a pic of the inside of the shaft I'm talking about. Let me know what yall think. uploadfromtaptalk1426741120792.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
I haven't had a chance to look at mine closely since I'm at work. But I do know the pulley is a press fit. Mine doesn't have a bolt or anything holding it on. I did think there were threads in the snout for the tool to thread into to be able to press the pulley on.

energymonster

Established Member
03 cobra had a bolt in the snout , in 04 ford got rid of the bolt by putting a plastic cap ,the bolt is not needed at all .the snout is junk because you won't be able to install a pulley on it , the threaded hole is needed for pulley instalation tool

mad1stgen

Established Member
The snout shaft is definitely threaded. Looks like somebody snapped a bolt in there. Drill it out and tap to m8x1.25. I had one like that, and the remnants of the bolt came out while drilling. Lucky I guess.

You can still press a pulley onto it, but it has to be done in a press, while supporting the other end of the shaft. Otherwise, break out the drill.

Users who are viewing this thread