Stock ls6 motor traps 130+

Robz

Established Member
We put a stock ls6 motor in my vette in order to have some fun and shakedown all aspects of the car prior to the race motor going in.
The car is a c5Z06 with all the bolt ons you could imagine. I haven't weighed it in years but the raceweight is likely under 3000lbs.
I should get a few more passes in the car this spring before we go all out.
I'll post up the video in a few.

Robz

Established Member
Here's the video. Hopefully better times when I get a good 60'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehl3pzHMXYA&feature=player_detailpage

Robz

Established Member
So since bolt-ons only, you do mean stock cam?

Thanks fellas.

yes. motor is bone stock ls6. never opened.

About Atco: It should be the same. Kevin is still running the show. The only thing is that in the early spring there isn't enough rubber on the track just yet.
I was running a very narrow drag radial in the video.
We will be testing the car with a 27x10.5 hoosier QTP next.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Thanks fellas.

yes. motor is bone stock ls6. never opened.

About Atco: It should be the same. Kevin is still running the show. The only thing is that in the early spring there isn't enough rubber on the track just yet.
I was running a very narrow drag radial in the video.
We will be testing the car with a 27x10.5 hoosier QTP next.

Very nice. What was the 60'? Some day I will have to visit Atco with a few friends to get some of that awesome air :beer:.

Robz

Established Member
Very nice. What was the 60'? Some day I will have to visit Atco with a few friends to get some of that awesome air :beer:.

I almost aborted the run but it was the last pass and wanted to test chute and get some data.

LT1Squirrel

Established Member

Best air in the country, last time i ran in october the DA was -1400 haha

I almost aborted the run but it was the last pass and wanted to test chute and get some data.

you probably couldve shaved 2 tenths if you got off the line clean

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Best air in the country, last time i ran in october the DA was -1400 haha

We hit -4000+ DA this year in January... but the tracks close in November and won't open again until late April. :( Whats the lowest air temp you guys have been able to run in and still hook up? I'm not sure traction would be easy to come by with the temps we get.

LT1Squirrel

Established Member
We hit -4000+ DA this year in January... but the tracks close in November and won't open again until late April. :( Whats the lowest air temp you guys have been able to run in and still hook up? I'm not sure traction would be easy to come by with the temps we get.

they stop spraying water in the box at 40 degrees track temp i believe

slowbra1

Established Member
We put a stock ls6 motor in my vette in order to have some fun and shakedown all aspects of the car prior to the race motor going in.
The car is a c5Z06 with all the bolt ons you could imagine. I haven't weighed it in years but the raceweight is likely under 3000lbs.
I should get a few more passes in the car this spring before we go all out.
I'll post up the video in a few.

It would be sweet to see that at Bandimere speedway at SuperChevy show in August

Robz

Established Member
It would be sweet to see that at Bandimere speedway at SuperChevy show in August

We went a little faster today with a better 60'. But it's hard to launch this car when its really setup for double the hp of the motor in it now. I learned alot about the car and it was fun driving for the first time in years. The air was worse but we picked up more in the tune and staying off the limiter.
Best et was 10.41 and 132.7mph i think.

Robz

Established Member
Rob who's a better driver you or Ranger? I think you should get a 13 GT500! lol

Let's just say that most everyone who runs a late model manual corvette learned something from Ranger directly or indirectly whether they want to admit it or not. He paved the way for all of us.
Also keep in mind that Ranger is the master of bone stock vehicles and rarely gets to ever drive a modified car. I have a good deal experience with late model manual corvettes especially modified cars. I'm more passionate about teaching others how to get max performance out of their cars rather than driving mine much like Ranger. Even more impressive is his allegiance to protecting our nation for the amount of years he has been doing so. So, you see, I can never make a claim like that. But thanks to all for the kind words.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread