Stock L back from the track

BerserkBusa

Established Member
Well they had Grudge match racing at my local track this friday night so i drug my bike down with the L and decided to run the truck also. I woulda like to have seen a 13 something outta the truck but i was running cosistantly 14.169, 14.168 for the most part all night here is one of my slips

9.123 @ 78.964mph
14.168 @ 97.242

This was stock tires aired down to about 25 psi and some spin off the line obviously it was grudge night so track prep was fair and alotta street tires running.

My best run of the night was

9.058 @ 78.404
14.085 @ 97.912mph

Granted this is up in South Dakota and my best run was at like 11 at night. Granted i did beat everyone that challenged me 2 Srt 4 neons and a 2000 Trans am granted the Ta was a close race.
Had a mustang that wanted some till he same me run then he backed down.

So what you guys think? i think she is running a bit slow but mabey it's just the ALT diffrent.

My next mods are as follows, 5lb lower pully, Pred tune, Larger intercooler, Larger cooler tank, and probly a set of Drag radials, I'm shooting for a mid to low 13 sec truck since i still pull with this truck some and haul with it i don't wana comproise to much.

Anyways thanks in advance for any advice. I got the oil seperator mod going on this week before i pump up the boost

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
60' is not good. you gotta get that down in the 1.9 range for a good time. how were you launching it? for our trucks to have good times, 60' is the most important b/c we have to take advantage of our high trq with such a heavy vehicle.

chiz

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I've only been to a track 1 time ever,and that was a few weeks after i bought my Lightning in May of 2002.My best 100% stock time on a 1/8 mile track was a 8.893,what would that equal to on a 1/4 mile track?

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Dont feel bad mine ran a 14 flat just under 100mph. My 60's were in the 1.9 too... Some people run mid 13's stock some dont.

I have a list of excuses but w/e I dont really care because it was just a baseline (look at it that way) next time Ill be hella faster. :)

BerserkBusa

Established Member
beenstruck said:
10.00 out of a turbo bussa??

No that was outta the big bore bike the Turbo one i don't race i'm to scared too since it's stock wheelbase yet

Yeah i know the 60's could use some work granted i have looked at other times on here with similar 60's and they ran in the 13's oh well i'm not really complaining i was rather happy with how the truck performed.

anyways thanks for the advice guys much appricated :beer:

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
When i went to the track that 1 time, my reaction times were terrible!!! If someone who had more experience ran my Lightning that day,it could have ran mid to low 13's easy.

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
Lightning LA said:
When i went to the track that 1 time, my reaction times were terrible!!! If someone who had more experience ran my Lightning that day,it could have ran mid to low 13's easy.

You could sit there 5 mins. after the light goes green and it will still run the same time.

BerserkBusa

Established Member
beenstruck said:
i was gunna say both the turbo busa's we got out here run high 7's in the mid 180 range!

Yeah i hear ya there i'm a big guy and need some more practice but i'm getting better my friend that weights about 100lbs less smoked her into the 9's easy. i'm starting to wonder if i'm hitting the cap with my weight cause i weight around 350 suited so yeah and he usually traps about 10mph faster then me all the time even if we run the same times

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
fishin-nole said:
You could sit there 5 mins. after the light goes green and it will still run the same time.

Lightning LA, he's correct. Your reaction times have nothing to do with your ET's. Your ET starts when you cross the beam with your front tires at the beginning of the 1/4 mile, and end when you cross the beam at the end of the 1/4 mile.

Like fishing said, you could sit there for as long as you want, trying to find that exact RPM to launch, and it doesn't change your ET at all.

Now, your 60' footer, that's a different story! The rule of thumb on those is, for every 10th you better your 60' footer, you better your ET by two 10ths down at the big end.

Stewart

BerserkBusa

Established Member
One other question i just got my truck weighted here the other day with a half a tank of fuel in it and a few items in the cab not much and the scale read 4880lbs? is this right are most of these trucks in the range i halve a hard tonneou cover also

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Yep. The scale I weighed my truck at rounded off to the nearest 100lb mark, so mine weighed in at 4900.

Stewart

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
BerserkBusa said:
One other question i just got my truck weighted here the other day with a half a tank of fuel in it and a few items in the cab not much and the scale read 4880lbs? is this right are most of these trucks in the range i halve a hard tonneou cover also

mine tipped in at 4650 with a full tank

Users who are viewing this thread