Stock Hood Value

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Whats a stock hood worth. My '12 Red Candy 5.0 only had 5500 miles on it when I took it off a month ago. Its taking up room in my garage and I am scared of scratching it so I would rather just sell it, but cannot find a value.:shrug: I know some of the experts here will know!

alex12gt

Established Member
All depends check ebay ive got one chilling in my garage but cost to ship it would pretty much kill of any actual value

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I've seen a stock '13 hood without vents on CL locally for $450, IIRC. I would say start at $400 since it's a pay option color, and maybe throw OBO on there.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
I sold mine for $350 local pickup...
The way I look at it is: You can buy an aftermarket hood for $500, so I would not try to price it that high.
If anythign ever happens to my Cervinis hood then id rather pay for an aftermarket hood than put the stock one back on. So no need to keep it around for a rainy day.

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I sold mine for $350 local pickup...
The way I look at it is: You can buy an aftermarket hood for $500, so I would not try to price it that high.
If anythign ever happens to my Cervinis hood then id rather pay for an aftermarket hood than put the stock one back on. So no need to keep it around for a rainy day.
^ This.

But it is already painted in the $395 extra Candy Red Pearl....so that is worth a little extra if someone is looking for that color.

prn1972

Established Member
I got a stock 2011 hood I'm thinking of selling, a Ford factory oem hood cost $1500, the insulated padding $60, the hinges $30 a piece, that's unpainted but you would have to find someone that needed the color you have, I'm thinking of starting around $600 - $700 & go down from there, I'm sure shipping would be outrageous

mjc1055

Established Member
Using the price new from Ford as any sort of indicator of what it'll sell for used is a retarded idea. If you have a pre 2013 hood, you're basically going to be stuck waiting for somebody who either crashed or needs to go back to stock, and also happens to be looking for your specific color. It'll be for sale for awhile. There's a black 2012 hood here locally for $150 that's been for sale for at least 6 months.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
I definately am not trying to get rich off of it. It would be hard for someone to get a Red Candy peral paint job to match if they had to replace their hood so, I will list it for $300 and if someone wants it outside of the local area I will split shipping costs with them. Does this seem fair based on the average thoughts you guys have posted? Besides if they catch me in a good mood or when I am working in my garage and mad that its in the way I may even go lower! LOL!

mjc1055

Established Member
haha. i dont think theres anything wrong with starting at $300. its obviously worth more, the issue is just that the market for it is going to be tiny if you're listing it locally. if you're going to list it on ebay or something, i'd start higher

Users who are viewing this thread