Stock hood scoop removal?

dannyf

Established Member
Anyone successfully remove the stock hood scoop? If so how did you go about it. Car is a 2012 and lived the first two years of its life in a pole barn since then its been a DD but garage kept so paint fade shouldnt be too bad.

beef97

Established Member
I'm guessing you are referring to the "power dome" as I've heard it referred to. I know someone on one of the other forums was cutting into it and making a functional scoop out of it. As it stands now, it doesn't do much of anything except I think it looks great. No air in, no air out with that dome. I wish there was a way of opening of the back of it and at least make it a small cowl induction hood.

dannyf

Established Member
I'm guessing you are referring to the "power dome" as I've heard it referred to. I know someone on one of the other forums was cutting into it and making a functional scoop out of it. As it stands now, it doesn't do much of anything except I think it looks great. No air in, no air out with that dome. I wish there was a way of opening of the back of it and at least make it a small cowl induction hood.
im talking about the faux scoop. I said stock but I guess in reality it is optional.

vettekillr~

Established Member
It's bolted on with a few bolts and has some 3M double sided tape it's HARD to pull off as well once you get the bolts loose

Users who are viewing this thread