Stock HID Kelvin Level and Bulb Replacements

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm expecting delivery sometime either next week or the week after. Just wondering, because I heard someone say the stock bulbs are 3700K which doesn't sound right to me.

What type of bulb do we replace with? What level would you suggest, I don't really want to go any higher that 6500K...

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
3700K seems rather low for the HID's....im curious to see a replacement for the fogs, they are yellowish still, so I would rather a pair with a more with color or slight blueish tint...I dont like blinding people with obnoxious lights...let us know what you find

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
I completely agree on the part about blinding people, but looking at my sisters 2012 GT500 that HID bulbs aren't nearly as white/blue as my Camaro with the RS Package are and that's the look I'm kind of going for. I'll research and get back to everyone on this.

Zeroescence

Established Member
3700K seems rather low for the HID's....im curious to see a replacement for the fogs, they are yellowish still, so I would rather a pair with a more with color or slight blueish tint...I dont like blinding people with obnoxious lights...let us know what you find

3700k was my stock Evo hid. It's a incandescent bulb color. 4500k is white. You will not blind anyone as it is a projector system. I'm going with a ds2 5000k bulb for the projectors and a 5000k kit for the fogs.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
3700k was my stock Evo hid. It's a incandescent bulb color. 4500k is white. You will not blind anyone as it is a projector system. I'm going with a ds2 5000k bulb for the projectors and a 5000k kit for the fogs.

thanx for the info....:beer:

yuke175

Established Member
PM with if you need bulbs il try to hook you up. do they use d2s?

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
OEM hid's are usually in the 4100-4300k range. Stepping up will definitely give you a bluer tint but at some point visibility will decrease. On my GT I have 4300k HID fogs to match the OEM HID headlights. Kinda jealous all the new Mustangs have projector HID

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
im not looking for anything crazy, i just like the white look morese than the yellow. i usually upgrade all my cars to a brighter bulb fairly quickly

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
from what ive seen the HID's on the GT500 are more than adequte and nice, just want the fog lights to match a little better

AAG

Established Member
Give them time to colorshift. Anything over 5000k is a waste.

BOD89LX

Established Member
I am pretty sure the 13's have LED fogs form the factory , that's what it says on the ford web site.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
I am pretty sure the 13's have LED fogs form the factory , that's what it says on the ford web site.

They don't it's been confirmed by 72MachOne99GT

IMG_0605.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread