Stock Head Unit Question

Pnsh3r

Established Member
Ok,

I need some help figuring out what went wrong here. I purchased a mach 460 head unit a couple of days ago, to replace the aftermarket unit that was in the car. I get the unit in, and I am thinking that it will be just plug and play - being it is original equipment, but I guess not....

Is this head unit from a different model? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Btw, this is in a 2003 10th anniv coupe

DSC03820.jpg

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Pretty sure there are different radios for 03 and 04 so maybe you got a different one than 03. They're similar but not enough. Or your Anniv. used an 04. I'd try and find someone local with your year Mach 460 and see if you can verify what will work.

Pnsh3r

Established Member
I looked up the part number on the side of the radio and it is 3L1T-18C815-AA , and it turns out it is Expedition radio. I PMd the seller & we'll see how we can fix this.

Last edited:

procharger

Established Member
How much did you pay for that radio? I just pulled out mine yesterday and its about to collect dust and will sell it. It will take some work, but hit a salvage yard get the stock radio connectors with as much wire as they or you can get. Next you will have to buy a new wiring kit for your car and hook it to those from the salvage yard. You should be good to go. There will be a lot of soldering involved to make sure the connections are good and snug.

Users who are viewing this thread