Stock GT500 11.16

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Thats some sick weight transfer! Funny how a stock gt500 can run as fast as a Nissan GTR because both have traction.

vinnycobra03

Established Member
That was pretty awesome. The fact that a factory car for under 80k can run low 11's with just slick says alot about the time we live in. Not to mention the ass end of that thing nearly slapped the ground. made my day.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
thats really impressive do not think it thats much of misleading. he just taking out of the equation tire spin and putting all the stock power to the ground!

i agree. plenty of guys run their cars "100% stock except for tires".

Dang. I didn't know GT500s came from the factory with slicks and skinnies...

ranger posted times with stock z06's on drag radials, and that's ok, right? stop sipping on the hate-o-rade.

musclefan21

Established Member
As soon as I read the thread title, I was like "With slicks and skinnies" lol. 100lbs+ less weight + TRACTION = very possible! :rockon:

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member

ranger posted times with stock z06's on drag radials, and that's ok, right? stop sipping on the hate-o-rade.

difference is ranger will let it be known that he is running stock WITH drag radials.. Thats all they are saying is why the title is somewhat misleading. If you say stock people will investigate like the FBI to make sure its stock everything as it came off the show room floor.

i really dont give a shit, i'm highly impressed. Especially with the driving. But yea its not "stock" as far as the internet FBI's are concerned.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
difference is ranger will let it be known that he is running stock WITH drag radials.. Thats all they are saying is why the title is somewhat misleading. If you say stock people will investigate like the FBI to make sure its stock everything as it came off the show room floor.

i really dont give a shit, i'm highly impressed. Especially with the driving. But yea its not "stock" as far as the internet FBI's are concerned.

LOL, who gives a shit about the title. You could clearly see he was using slicks as soon as you open the video... It's not like he blurred out his wheels so you couldn't see. People are always trying to find reasons to hate on fast cars...:bored:

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member

Good for him. Im not talking about ranger or any corvette. I'm talking about this GT500. I never assume a Z is going to run a 10.9 sec run stock, and to me its not a 10.9 car bone stock. Hell, just adding ranger as the driver is a mod haha.

LOL, who gives a shit about the title. You could clearly see he was using slicks as soon as you open the video... It's not like he blurred out his wheels so you couldn't see. People are always trying to find reasons to hate on fast cars...:bored:

Not hating at all. I like GT500's. And it ran a pretty quick time! But it isnt stock.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
Still stock in my book, nothing wrong with trying to put power to the ground

If you are buying aftermarket parts that make your car perform better (super light weight wheels and slicks and skinnies in this case) you are modifying your car, and it is not factory stock. Take a pro driver in a showroom GT500 and it will not run those times, because the GT500 in the video has been modified, and is therefore not stock. Jesus tapdancing christ.

done beating this dead horse.

tommygun

Established Member
time and mph are measured in the last 66ft. who cares.

would if he bought the ford part number light weight wheels and tires from the cobra jet? would that make it better since its FORD parts?

The car is flat gettin it and has posted a awesome time for a car with no mods to the engine, exhaust, or computer. It has tires and wheels which a lot of people do with their GT500's

Users who are viewing this thread