Stock fuel systems capacity for mods...

derryck

Established Member
I have currently on my car a Magnaflow X-pipe (no cats), Magnaflow cat-back, RPC (Diablo) flip chip, 2.80 pulley and the intake that Anderson Ford Motorsports sells. I want to add the Compucar 'bottle-in-a-bag' nitrous set up. I would probably stay with a 30-50 shot but maybe as high as 80... my question, do I need to upgrade any part of the stock fuel system for this?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Our Stock Injectors are supposed to be good to around 550hwp. Some folks with the higher horses are going to 50pound injectors.
Is Compucar NOS system wet or dry?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Sorry could not recall the thread i saw about the stock Injectors. Im hoping some of our other bro's can step in to clarify better on that note. I have to think its to the wheels. I wouldnt go to high just in case ur dont have enough gas.
Ur set up looks like u should have about 450 or 470 to the rwhp & torque just a bit higher. Did u get the car on the Dynojet?
If dry set up u should only have 1 cylender which would be for the nitrous. Heard 1 guy have a dry set up. Place it in front of the MAF Sensor to make sure that the computer adjusts the fueling for the extra air.

derryck

Established Member
I believe it does use the MAF Sensor and you're right on... I dynoed at 471 RWHP and 492 torque (SAE Corrected values) with my current set up.

NastyWS6

Established Member
I think the stock fuel system should be able to handle the little 50 shot, but much beyond that I would start looking into upgrading at injectors atleast.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Nasty's right. Dont chance it by pushing it & damn i want thus numbers u got. :(
Im scared of the dry set up. The heat that the N02 creates & the thought of detonation keeps me away. Dont they sell a Cylender for the Gas? U just got to hook up from the full rail on the passenger side. I know there fittings for it.

docs03

Established Member
I know of a cobra in the Detroit area that made 640 RWHP with a Kenne Bell with the stock fuel system and C-116. Only add on was the boost-a-pump.

doc

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
The 55 lbs injectors should go in around 525-550 RWHP, you'll need to bump the pressure to take them that far most likely. You start maxing out the duty cycle of the injectors at that point. An Autotap would be nice to watch the pulsewidth to make sure you aren't pushing them too hard. The injectors heat up at those duty levels and heat up the fuel, not good.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
My understanding is that as boost increases to make power it acvtually fights the fuel pressure. With that in mind the duty cycle really isnt increasing terribly even though the PSI may be much higher than stock.

Users who are viewing this thread