stock fuel rails??

sled

Established Member
how much rwhp are you guys making on stock rails.I wanna take my paxton rails off my cobra and use them for another project. the car makes upper 500rwhp. think it will be ok???

badvenm

Established Member
I'm making the same with stock rails but if you already have them I would buy another set for your other project. By the way I am on the edge of having to get some.

sled

Established Member
i was told the limit of the stock block is about 400-500rwhp depending on tune. im scared to push mine much harder. it been together 3 years push low 500. im gonna put a 2.75 pulley on it soon which i think may end the stock blocks life.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Actually tune has nothing to do with block splitting.

But yes you are right, its the 500-550rwhp range that will cause the block to give up prematurely.

I was told by somebody last year that high low end torque was a major factor in ending a stock block's life

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
I'm de-tuned b/c of the stock block and using factory rails.
RPM's kill blocks. Keep it under 6k.

sled

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
Actually tune has nothing to do with block splitting.

But yes you are right, its the 500-550rwhp range that will cause the block to give up prematurely.

I was told by somebody last year that high low end torque was a major factor in ending a stock block's life
i dont mean to be an A$$, but im sure if a motor with 550rwhp starts pinging its more likely to crack the block than one that not.

1993 Mustang

Established Member
I ended up putting 94-95 fuel rails on the car and when dynoed with those rails I ended up with 492 horses. Prior with the stock 87-93 rails the dyno was at 470 horses so with the 94-95 rails I picked up 22 horses. I feel with thoses 94-95 rails, 255 walbro pump, Vortech T-Rex, 42 lbs. injectors and a Aeromotive Fuel Reg. anyone will be fine.

SVT10TH#1721

Established Member
1993 Mustang said:
I ended up putting 94-95 fuel rails on the car and when dynoed with those rails I ended up with 492 horses. Prior with the stock 87-93 rails the dyno was at 470 horses so with the 94-95 rails I picked up 22 horses. I feel with thoses 94-95 rails, 255 walbro pump, Vortech T-Rex, 42 lbs. injectors and a Aeromotive Fuel Reg. anyone will be fine.
Didnt know the 94/95 rails are better is there anything else you need when changing those out??

1993 Mustang

Established Member
No, the rails are a direct bolt on item for 87-93 Mustangs. The only modification is on the passenger sidefuel line has to be bent upwards slightly to connect with the fuel rail. When I say slightly it is a fraction of hair. Great sight for tech articles is WWW.DUGGERRACING.COM, click on tech articles and you will see the article on the 94-95 rails.

Last edited:

~Ray~

Established Member
Also low end torque is not what cracks blocks either, high rpm's & vibration is, that's why people with centrifugals crack there blocks so much faster than Positive Displacement blowers or NA @ the same HP levels or even higher. It's all about the balancing & rpm levels of our rotating assemblys.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
91lxcoupe said:
I 100% disagree w/ that.

That's cool. Why do blocks split at the 500-600 level then?

I know of a guy who has split 3 stock blocks with a perfect tune. If the tune is not right the pistons will go before the block in most cases

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread