Stock Fan

Sutherland26

Established Member
It's been awhile since I've had a stock cooling system. But just curious my 93 has the stock fan and was wondering if it supposed to be tight when you turn it or should it have some play. Whenever I drive it dust goes everywhere. Any help is appreciated.

drtymike

93 Cobra #1758
Established Member
Should be tight when the engine is cool. When the engine is warm it will spin just a little easier then when cool, but still will have resistance. if its spinning like a pin wheel its done.

buddha93

Established Member
You should be able to move it, though it will be "gummy" for a lack of a better word. No play in it though. Does it cool OK at idle with the AC running? Cluthes for them are cheap enough if it looks like it's getting hot.

Sutherland26

Established Member
It's seems to cool fine. It just blows dust and dirt everywhere when u rev it up a little. Plus when it is not running and you turn the fan it's very tight with no no play. Just curious if it should spin a little or just be tight.

buddha93

Established Member
Does the fan sound overly loud when driving? It's possible you have just the opposite problem, in that the clutch is locked up and running full bore. It should ease up as the RPM's increase. If it isn't, your killing HP and fuel mileage.

Is it possible you're seeing belt dust? If so, then you definitely have a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread