Stock Exhaust

jftaro

Established Member
I am curious as to what the stock exhaust system looks like for the 99 Cobras. Is there an x-pipe after the mufflers? I looked under my car while getting new tires installed and I saw an x-pipe after the mufflers. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

RioRed4v

Established Member
sounds like you might have the FR500 cat-back i think.

here is my artistic rendering of a stock cat-back

stock%20exhaust.jpg

:lol:

Vinnie T

Established Member
Originally posted by jftaro
I am curious as to what the stock exhaust system looks like for the 99 Cobras. Is there an x-pipe after the mufflers? I looked under my car while getting new tires installed and I saw an x-pipe after the mufflers. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

No aft X on the stock exhaust from 99-04. What you're describing is an FR500 exhaust from FRPP, which is a mighty sweet exhaust. It's the only system I've heard of with that set up. If that's it, you also have a spring loaded door in the mufflers that changes the exhaust flow through the muffler based on pressure. Pretty much straight through (open position) at wider throttle openings, and closed to partially open to give you better torque at lesser throttle openings.

Not bad! :-D

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Re: Re: Stock Exhaust

Originally posted by Vinnie T
No aft X on the stock exhaust from 99-04. What you're describing is an FR500 exhaust from FRPP, which is a mighty sweet exhaust. It's the only system I've heard of with that set up. If that's it, you also have a spring loaded door in the mufflers that changes the exhaust flow through the muffler based on pressure. Pretty much straight through (open position) at wider throttle openings, and closed to partially open to give you better torque at lesser throttle openings.

my friend has an aftermarket cat-back on his 99, and it's not the FR500, but it DOES have an x after the muffs....i think i'm gonna try to figure out what kind it is tomorrow....

jftaro

Established Member
Re: Re: Stock Exhaust

Originally posted by Vinnie T

Woohoo, I hope you're right. Anyways. Thanks for all the input guys and gals. I'm very curious now, hehheh.

Jeff

jftaro

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Stock Exhaust

Originally posted by quick01snake
my friend has an aftermarket cat-back on his 99, and it's not the FR500, but it DOES have an x after the muffs....i think i'm gonna try to figure out what kind it is tomorrow....

Hiya Quick. Any luck on finding out which cat-back your friend has? And BTW, your new bumper looks AWESOME :rockon:

Thanks,
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread