stock eaton vs. kenne bell?

tapout632

Established Member
I have a quick question. so the Terminators come equipt with an Eaton blower, but most people swap this for a KB, does the KB give way more HP? what gains do you get from the swap? What do you lose from taking out the Eaton?

DenverJay

Established Member
Although I don't have a KB, I think I can give you at least a little info from what I've read about them. I think they are two different types of superchargers. The eaton being a roots type and the KB being a twin screw. I think the advantages to going twin screw over roots, at least that I know of, are more HP, less heat, and I believe a little more reliability. I think the twin screw is just a little better design (my opinion there). I've heard great things about the KB's. The only negatives being cost as they're pretty pricey.

I know that's not a lot of info and I could be wrong on some points so don't quote me. :shrug:

PARALYZER

Unatural Aspirations
Established Member
The Eatons with a 13# pulley will make 13# at 4000 rpm, but only 10.5# at 6000 rpm due to overspin.
The roots make more psi as the rpms go up. I am hearing, a simple swap will get you 500 to the wheels. You can add more boost and the number can go up to 700 i guess. Where as with the Eaton, you can be limited to a number way lower.

Rootus

BANNED
Established Member
BAD 97 WS-6 said:
The Eatons with a 13# pulley will make 13# at 4000 rpm, but only 10.5# at 6000 rpm due to overspin.
The roots make more psi as the rpms go up.
I'm guessing you meant twin screw when you said roots.

Both are positive displacement, and both are designed to put out the same boost at all RPM (a centrifigual blower would gain as RPM goes up). The only reason the Eaton can't hold boost all the way across above 10 psi is because it is not big enough.

Dave

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Yes, at high boost levels, the stock Eaton just starts running out of flow capability. In addition to having more displacement and higher VE (at higher boost and blower speeds), the twin-screw designs (KB and Whipple) also have higher adiabatic efficiency than the Roots design, which means they don't add as much heat and therefore take less power to drive them. There is a very good article in the Dec issue of MM&FF comparing the KB to the stock Eaton. You might be interested in reading that.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
tapout632 said:
I have a quick question. so the Terminators come equipt with an Eaton blower, but most people swap this for a KB, does the KB give way more HP? what gains do you get from the swap? What do you lose from taking out the Eaton?

Now they are swapping them out for the Whipple too....cost less and gives big HP gains too..

Users who are viewing this thread