Stock Dyno

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
215 miles.
Solid line is stock exhaust.
Dotted line is factory cut outs open.

Is any one else planning to mod their cars?
I'm starting small, but gonna step it up big time in a couple of months.

So far, Pinnacle tint, ipod adapter, hard wire radar, line lock and 18x10 fr500s with NT05rs.

Went to the track last night, but only managed a miserable 13.0@109, 2.0 60ft. I herniated 2 discs and tore a 3rd a month ago in my lower back and can barely walk, let alone work the pedals at the track. :nonono:

stockdyno.jpg

Last edited:

nocobrafornow

Established Member
congrats on the car, but i feel your pain. literally, i ended up haveing a fusion done on my l5-s1,( i think that is what they said, when docs start talking i get confused). anyway i ended up geting a 11gt auto as i was trying to think long term. i can still drive a manual but was worried about the future. i hope yours doesn't come to that. good luck on the car and your back. now when you say full exhaust is that headers all the way out?

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
congrats on the car, but i feel your pain. literally, i ended up haveing a fusion done on my l5-s1,( i think that is what they said, when docs start talking i get confused). anyway i ended up geting a 11gt auto as i was trying to think long term. i can still drive a manual but was worried about the future. i hope yours doesn't come to that. good luck on the car and your back. now when you say full exhaust is that headers all the way out?
Sorry, I meant stock exhaust vs cut outs open.

I have an appointment with the neurosurgeon next week, so we'll see how that goes. L4-5 and L5-1 are herniated and L3-4 is torn. I'm popping hydrocodone every couple of hours just to allow me to function. :nonono:

Are you ok now? Are you able to do what you did before without pain?

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
Sorry, I meant stock exhaust vs cut outs open.

I have an appointment with the neurosurgeon next week, so we'll see how that goes. L4-5 and L5-1 are herniated and L3-4 is torn. I'm popping hydrocodone every couple of hours just to allow me to function. :nonono:

Are you ok now? Are you able to do what you did before without pain?

Great HP Numbers!!!!

Sorry to hear of your injury! C-4 Blown apart for me..... Numb left hand still 14 months ago, getting better! 8 weeks of funky narcotics in the beginning....... YUKKKKK!

Mike

nocobrafornow

Established Member
sadly no i am now worse and in more pain than before. all the x-rays show the fusion is straight and intake but i am in constant pain, i actually take a daily time release morphin pill and 2 different muscle relaxers, oh and to make it even better i ended up with nerve damage and have sharp stabing pain in my left foot. i was really shocked to find out what different parts of the spine and nerves control. never paid much attention in science. i was an ASE certified tech for 15 years but now i am stuck on disability. so all i can say is be careful in making a decision and get all the info you can get ahead of time you can. best of luck

Last edited:

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Very nice!

I've been trying to eyeball the differences between a stock Terminator and stock Boss. To me it looks like the Boss and Terminator curves are very similar ~ although the Boss keeps climbing that extra 1k rpm after the Cobra stops. Seems that on the lower end they are similar as well ~ kinda "weak" below about 3k rpm or so.

...any chance of someone overlaying a stock '03/04 Cobra dyno over the stock Boss dyno for a direct comparison?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Are these SAE corrected? Sure looks like the 444 crank hp rating is "conservative".

While the motor is probably somewhat conservatively rated, there seems to be a wide range in power numbers, depending on the dyno. Even using SAE numbers.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...302-mustang-power-packages-available-now.html

"We took a Stock 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang and did a couple baseline pulls on the dyno and it made 367RWHP and 328RWTQ.

On a side note: We have a Mustang 1100-SE Loaded Dyno, which typically reads 5-7% less then a Dyno Jet. The only thing that matters are the gains over the baseline."

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
looks like the 390ish is pretty normal. about 20 more than the average 3.73 GT. its ~15 more than my GT made stock.

also it seems about 20 short of a 392 hemi. as expected IMO.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
Very nice!

I've been trying to eyeball the differences between a stock Terminator and stock Boss. To me it looks like the Boss and Terminator curves are very similar ~ although the Boss keeps climbing that extra 1k rpm after the Cobra stops. Seems that on the lower end they are similar as well ~ kinda "weak" below about 3k rpm or so.

...any chance of someone overlaying a stock '03/04 Cobra dyno over the stock Boss dyno for a direct comparison?

the termi will be more like a GT than a BOSS IMO. 370rwhp on average.

04nccobra

Established Member
sadly no i am now worse and in more pain than before. all the x-rays show the fusion is straight and intake but i am in constant pain, i actually take a daily time release morphin pill and 2 different muscle relaxers, oh and to make it even better i ended up with nerve damage and have sharp stabing pain in my left foot. i was really shocked to find out what different parts of the spine and nerves control. never paid much attention in science. i was an ASE certified tech for 15 years but now i am stuck on disability. so all i can say is be careful in making a decision and get all the info you can get ahead of time you can. best of luck

Nice run for the Boss, I understand your pain as well suffering from a inflamed L5-S1 causing terrible sciatic pain down my leg for 7 weeks, I am living on Percacets (no idea how to spell it lol). Tried the steroids and rest, nothing helps. I'm heading in for some fun this coming Wed, an epurdural steroid injection under the x-ray machine, how wonderful. If that doesn't do it I think surgery is next.

Up until this past week I haven't been able to drive my new SS as using the clutch was too painful. A major PIA

Users who are viewing this thread