Stock DEMON vs Lightly Modded HELLCAT Charger - Race #2

Kiohtee

Established Member
A stock Demon, using all of its goodies, on a prepped track and going 10.08? But but but, according to the mass here it can't go any faster than 12.5 and gets beat by literally everything! *rolls eyes*

Folks, this is what a Demon with the right (stock) equipment and a prepped track does in realistic air.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
A stock Demon, using all of its goodies, on a prepped track and going 10.08? But but but, according to the mass here it can't go any faster than 12.5 and gets beat by literally everything! *rolls eyes*

Folks, this is what a Demon with the right (stock) equipment and a prepped track does in realistic air.
Drama is strong with this post, lol.

No one has ever said it runs 12.5, and we all acknowledge it's a 10 second car. The issue is it's not a 9.65 car.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
lol that was f-en funny. I guess I can get the whole ET thing being way off cause there are a lot of variables for that but the MPH is way off tho. 5 mph is a shit load of HP and I have yet to see one driver do it!

Drama is strong with this post, lol.

No one has ever said it runs 12.5, and we all acknowledge it's a 10 second car. The issue is it's not a 9.65 car.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
lol that was f-en funny. I guess I can get the whole ET thing being way off cause there are a lot of variables for that but the MPH is way off tho. 5 mph is a shit load of HP and I have yet to see one driver do it!
The only 9.85 car so far had a tune making an extra 100hp. Something ain't right.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor

Vid says trans brake not used, how is that all the goodies?
Do we know what PCM and fuel it was running?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, in all honesty, I would just buy a Hellcat and mod the crap out of that. Mostly because I HATE the "wide body", if you want to call it that. Not hating on the Demon, I just would rather have the Hellcat.
I so wish I could have a '18 Hellcat Charger as my daily instead of my truck. Damn winters!!!! lol

Vid says trans brake not used, how is that all the goodies?
Do we know what PCM and fuel it was running?
I'm going to "assume" that it was the race fuel because it was the 840 HP.
It also had the skinnies on the front.

Jefe

Established Member
11.2 is slow for that Charger. Plenty of tire only Chargers running 10.7s
The issue is it's not a 9.65 car.
This was in humid Lousiana with +1800 DA. Snap your fingers twice. Thats the difference between 10.0 and 9.65.

New track vids from SRTMush. First run of the day at 2:45 was 9.96 @ 137 and at 7:30 he runs a 9.90 @ 137. Listen to his modded Hellcat run through the gears at 9:45 too

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
11.2 is slow for that Charger. Plenty of tire only Chargers running 10.7s

This was in humid Lousiana with +1800 DA. Snap your fingers twice. Thats the difference between 10.0 and 9.65.

New track vids from SRTMush. First run of the day at 2:45 was 9.96 @ 137 and at 7:30 he runs a 9.90 @ 137. Listen to his modded Hellcat run through the gears at 9:45 too

Okay...so you're saying that day it can run a 10.0 or a 9.65 because of the weather, yet runs a 9.96 and 9.90. Which is pretty standard variance, not almost 4 tenths.

Guess he should have snapped a third time.

Jefe

Established Member
Okay...so you're saying that day it can run a 10.0 or a 9.65 because of the weather, yet runs a 9.96 and 9.90. Which is pretty standard variance, not almost 4 tenths.
No because conditions were not perfect like they were when it ran the 9.65.

That car still has a passenger seat and ran a 9.90 in 70 degree weather after multiple runs. Take out the passenger seat, drop temps 25 degrees and he's no question running that Demon in the 9.60s

If you haven't watched this its a must to understand the 9.65

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member

That car still has a passenger seat and ran a 9.90 in 70 degree weather after multiple runs. Take out the passenger seat, drop temps 25 degrees and he's no question running that Demon in the 9.60s
skeptical-hippo-is-skeptical-22216901.png

If only all these cars knew the secret, since not a one has hit it. Best run was tune assisted and still not close to the hero run.

Jefe

Established Member
View attachment 1481365
If only all these cars knew the secret, since not a one has hit it. Best run was tune assisted and still not close to the hero run.
Less than half of the Demons have been delivered too...Still tons of people who paid over MSRP don't have theirs yet. Plus its still snowing in many parts of the country

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Less than half of the Demons have been delivered too...Still tons of people who paid over MSRP don't have theirs yet. Plus its still snowing in many parts of the country
What does paying over MSRP have to do with anything? Shouldn't those lighter pockets make them faster?

Not snowing in the south, west coast, along with plenty of other areas. I'm sure we'll see some 9.65's in July though when it's 100*.

Jefe

Established Member
What does paying over MSRP have to do with anything? Shouldn't those lighter pockets make them faster?
Because the videos we have are only a limited sample of what it will be in the coming months. Of the 3,000 Demons being built, only 1,647 have been delivered to their owners as of today. Dodge delayed all builds from dealers who made people pay over MSRP. There will be people just getting their Demons in June/July when other people had them in November. Many of which were under snow for several months

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Because the videos we have are only a limited sample of what it will be in the coming months. Of the 3,000 Demons being built, only 1,647 have been delivered to their owners as of today. Dodge delayed all builds from dealers who made people pay over MSRP. There will be people just getting their Demons in June/July when other people had them in November. Many of which were under snow for several months

What does a snow burnout have to do with...anything? Proving snow exist?

Again, it doesn't snow everywhere, hence all the tracks that are open in great temps.

So...you're saying they'll be faster in the ball sweating heat, instead of what we're seeing now which is close to ideal.
969f4a262a6cb34b7d6bae07e8f0e1da343b904e6c7a8148d2748a6370405dd4.jpg

Still doesn't explain why a tuned Demon couldn't even hit the hero time.

Is it really that hard to think Dodge pulled some ****ery to market a time others won't hit? Sure looking that way.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yea the mph doesn't lie. Its hard to replicate that much more hp with conditions. It does make me wonder. I did enquire about the Hellcat motor vs Demon motor tho today over at Pro Edge Tuning and was told the Demon has different cams but wasn't sure if the rods were beefier.

Btw, im not gonna mention who the dude is but he trailered his GT500 up to Pro Edge Tuning for a tune after a pretty wild motor build with a Kenny Bell Liquid 4.2L I believe and he put 940 whp on 93 octane! Bill Miller was telling me it will see 1300 whp easily! Freakn crazy what them blowers are capable of.

The only 9.85 car so far had a tune making an extra 100hp. Something ain't right.

Jefe

Established Member
So...you're saying they'll be faster in the ball sweating heat, instead of what we're seeing now which is close to ideal.
Uhhhh no
Is it really that hard to think Dodge pulled some ****ery to market a time others won't hit? Sure looking that way.
You're on your way to understanding what 99% of us already knew and this goes back to the first Hellcat car almost 4 years ago. They ran a 10.83 in a bone stock Hellcat and last I checked no one has cracked 10.98 on street tires

Dodge told us what it took to make that Demon hero run and it won't be duplicated by the majority of Demons. But 9.90 at 137 is damn impressive in 70 degree weather with a DA much worse than the hero run

Tim Barth is working on a Demon that is going to run 8s in stock trim

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member

If you haven't watched this its a must to understand the 9.65

I cant see how a passenger seat would make even .001 of a realistic difference

Never_Enough

Established Member
Yeah, in all honesty, I would just buy a Hellcat and mod the crap out of that. Mostly because I HATE the "wide body", if you want to call it that. Not hating on the Demon, I just would rather have the Hellcat.
I so wish I could have a '18 Hellcat Charger as my daily instead of my truck. Damn winters!!!! lol

I'm going to "assume" that it was the race fuel because it was the 840 HP.
It also had the skinnies on the front.
You can. I might be doing just that

Users who are viewing this thread