Stock converter 3.31 car full bolton times

crazygn

Established Member
I feel my mph is low for my mods but maybe you guys can say ..

Auto swap stock converter
Boss mani
JLT cai
Long tubes
X pipe
Axle back
LCA
LCA relo brackets
Pan hard bar
Ford k springs
3.31 gears
295-55-15
Alum driveshaft

I feel my cars down on mph but don't know anyone else with a auto stock converter car. Here's the MT82 time 11.40@121 1.58 ..... Auto swap with 3.73's and stock 255 brembo's it went 11.94@118 1.86 .... Just did 3.31's and now it runs [email protected] 1.96

Does this look right , isn't 113.9 low for my mods or is the converter killing my now with the 3.31's

Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member
114 is low. gears have very little to no effect on trap speed...something else has the car down on power

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
With the exception of long tubes and the gears we are set up similar.
I trap 117.5-118 every pass, I'm probably going with shorties and 3.31s so we'll see what happens

crazygn

Established Member
The car just did 118 on the stock 255 tires.. Only change was from 3.73's to 3.31's and revised tune. Now it traps 113.9 every time

KushBandit

Established Member
The car just did 118 on the stock 255 tires.. Only change was from 3.73's to 3.31's and revised tune. Now it traps 113.9 every time

Perhaps it's in the tune, I trapped 113mph stock with nothing changed except springs/dampers. If your only changes from your 118mph runs were gears and a revised tune, I'd assume it's the tune. As said, gears are mainly for ET.

crazygn

Established Member
Could be .. I thought the tune stayed the same .. I thought it just changed shift points and speedometer

4VFTW

Established Member
Could be .. I thought the tune stayed the same .. I thought it just changed shift points and speedometer
Theoretically yes, but shit happens when tuners make minor adjustments some times it seems. All it takes is a wrong click.

crazygn

Established Member
True.. I'll try to log it the best I can and send it to him . Like to get it straight before I put my 5c in the car in a few weeks

crazygn

Established Member
I'm not sure about the boss really since the cars acting odd.. Loved it with the 3.73's .

I shifted my self around 7500 and that's what it trapped. I know I had problems with a gear install from a buddy of mine so the new gears had to be installed a little tight . Maybe thats not helping any

crazygn

Established Member
I hope man .. After this swap and all the other parts and 5c if it doesn't run what it did as a stick car it might be going back to stock . And that wasn't power shifting so it should

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
I shifted my self around 7500 and that's what it trapped. I know I had problems with a gear install from a buddy of mine so the new gears had to be installed a little tight . Maybe thats not helping any

Leave it in drive. My select a shift (or whatever its called) doesnt shift as fast as it does in drive. If your tuner has tuned the car for the Boss IM he probably changed the WOT shift points and pressure

crazygn

Established Member
I sent him a log today to look at ... I only shift my self to hold the gears longer since it short shifts because I havent log the car to have the shift points right since the auto swap was done

Users who are viewing this thread