Stock Cobra Exhaust fit V6?

ModsAway

Established Member
Hey all, tried the search to no avail so hopefully you can help.

A friend of mine wants to try to fit my stock catback onto his V6 giving it the dual exhaust look and perhaps sound without spending 600+ on a system.

Does he have any hope? Anything we should know to fit this system? Any extra parts? Sound? I haven't crawled under his car to have a look but I can only assume the mid-pipes are gonna be different. Let me know.

Thanks for your help!

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Well, the Cobra exhaust is meant to go under an IRS, the V6 needs exhaust to wrap up and over the axle, so by no means will the switch work... a few people I know have either had a custom deal fabricated or have just bought a c/b meant for a 6. Aftermarket kit would be the sure bet IMO.

apollo7

Established Member
I sold my stock catback to a guy (for $100) who put it on his '95 v6. From what I understand, he cut behind the cats, welded the Cobra exhaust in and fabbed hoops to get over the axle. I did something similar with my wife's 2000 v6 and a GT catback.

ModsAway

Established Member
So there simply isn't room to just run it under the rear of the car? Is it the solid axle getting in the way? or what? Its your typical 4x4 mustang so perhaps there is room, lol. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread