Stock clutch stiff when hit

Larsonator

Established Member
Stock clutch stiff when hot

I'm noticing my stock 2011 26k mile clutch is acting weird. When it's hot outside and the clutch hasn't been engaged for a few minutes, it's noticeably stiffer the next time I use it, but only for one push. It's normal after until it hasn't been used for several minutes. It doesn't do it when it's cooler outside.

No slipping noticed otherwise.

any thoughts?

Last edited:

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
I'm noticing my stock 2011 26k mile clutch is acting weird. When it's hot outside and the clutch hasn't been engaged for a few minutes, it's noticeably stiffer the next time I use it, but only for one push. It's normal after until it hasn't been used for several minutes. It doesn't do it when it's cooler outside.

No slipping noticed otherwise.

any thoughts?

Larsonator,

Have you had your dealer take a look at this?

Ashley

Larsonator

Established Member
Not yet. I plan to bring it in to the dealer where I bought it next week. I've had the second gear grind since I bought it with 12k miles, problems with the traction control, and a front end thump that I'd like them to look at as well.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Not yet. I plan to bring it in to the dealer where I bought it next week. I've had the second gear grind since I bought it with 12k miles, problems with the traction control, and a front end thump that I'd like them to look at as well.

Larsonator,

Let me know what the dealer has to say. If you still need some help after they take a look, I'm here.

Ashley

Users who are viewing this thread