Stock Clutch Life

MrSwa

Established Member
I've been around a while just cruising other's posts but now I have my own question. I have a 98 GT vert 5 speed with ~124500 on the odometer. The clutch is not slipping. I'm just trying to get an idea of the clutch life. I drive this car everyday so I can not afford for it to go down. There is a chattering noise (not brake pads) that the car makes at low to mid rpms(<3000).
Had the car since it was new so I know it's never had one put in. Also, at this mileage, is there anything I should be looking out for? The runs and drives great, but I don't want something to sneak up on me. Thanks in advance for your help.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
well to be honest with you man, my car still has the stocker in it as well, and it has seen its fair share of abuse at track and on street. I have 72k on it, but also make more power than you (i am asuming on that).

my 5.0 I had before it (94) went 135k before I had to replace it, and plus it kind of depends on your driving style as well

MrSwa

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I don't abuse the car and I'm sure you make more power than me (stock everything). I don't really race the car, but I can't say it doesn’t see any spirited driving. Just thought I'd ask mostly about the noise. Is that indicative of the clutch reaching the end of its life, or do I need to try and adjust it?

Users who are viewing this thread