Stock Chip vs Aftermarket

CanuckCobra

Established Member
Would I get any benefit from changing my stock chip for an aftermarket one. As far as I know there are not any chassis dyno's in my area. I will eventually get one when I get gears done.Just wondering if there is any point in getting it first.

Thanks guys

LSCobra

Established Member
I just got a four-tune SCT chip for my '99. The guy who tuned picked up a few extra horse for me, but the biggest advantage was he fixed the pig rich A/F up high. It gives me a valet mode, stock(with improved A/F ratio), performance(timing bumped), and a high performance (timing bumped further, needs octane booster or 100 octane). I can have it retuned for any additional mods I do.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
i know this isn't really on topic, but there is no stock chip. the computer runs without a chip in stock form

LSCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by CanuckCobra
Did he tune it with a dyno?

Yes. I wouldn't mess with a one-size-fits-all chip. Find someone who[m?] you can trust (ask local guys for recommendations) and have it custom tuned. Every car is a little different.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
If youre mostly stock Id recommend going the same way that I did. Buy a Predator hand held tuner and upload the preset tune, customize it to however you want depending on what mods you have. I have an O/R X and Ill soon have 4.30 gears so the predator will come in handy again. Once you get alot of mods done then take the Predator in and have a custom flash burned for your car then they will get every available HP out of your mods. hth 2881

Users who are viewing this thread