Stock Cats vs High Flow

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Woo! I'm excited for ya. What's the rest of your exhaust setup?

I have lethals 3inch x pipe, and gt500 mufflers....so these 3inch HFCs will complete the whole mid pipe....Im thinking of swapping to hush powers though...that or I will keep the gt500 and add JPC over axles

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Awesome! I have a American thunder catback, and once I hear from you how the results are I'm going to pull the trigger myself on them! I'm hoping it's going to give me the sound I'm looking for.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I resisted going off road for a year. All I can say is I wish it was my first mod. Woke my car up big time and the sound is beyond addicting. Gas fumes are minimal at best. I would never go back to cats.

BADBOSS

Established Member
I have these hi flow cats with the JBA H pipe and mufflers and I only have one word...AWESOME! I get more compliments on the exhaust sound than the car!

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
I have these hi flow cats with the JBA H pipe and mufflers and I only have one word...AWESOME! I get more compliments on the exhaust sound than the car!

Nice!!

Any seat of the pants gain you can feel going high flow?

I'll be doing before and after DYNOs :rockon:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Tracking says it will arrive Wednesday close of business...will have a review with pics, Dyno, sound clip by Friday

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Tracking says it will arrive Wednesday close of business...will have a review with pics, Dyno, sound clip by Friday

got the parts in...look great...found out there are 200 cell count race cats, honey comb meltallic, should be very free flowing

ALSO....these will fit a complete stock set up
so if you just want to swap these for your stockers, they will fit the oem headers and the stock H pipe ball and socket connection:thumbsup:

I have an appointment tomorrow for install and dyno...stay tuned

currently the car has After Cat X pipe, gt500 mufflers and tune and put down 403rwhp 373rwtq

kingnut

Established Member
got the parts in...look great...found out there are 200 cell count race cats, honey comb meltallic, should be very free flowing

so if you just want to swap these for your stockers, they will fit the oem headers and the stock H pipe ball and socket connection:thumbsup:

currently the car has After Cat X pipe, gt500 mufflers and tune and put down 403rwhp 373rwtq

Do before and after sound clips!:rockon:

grnenvy

Established Member
Hey

It took me about an hour and a half to install my cat delete pipes do it yourself.

ATFPat

Established Member
In as well. Want to put a set of high flow cats for sound reasons but also don't want any check engine lights on as my motor isn't tuned and still stock.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Quick update......

Install went smooth, this is the best mod I have done for the car next to the tune. Sounds amazing with gt500,s.....it just amplifies the sound with NO rasp, or crazy crackling....love it.

SOTP gains says HELL YEAH!!!! Tomorrow is dyno time...since today was too busy....

Btw it DID throw a CEL.....but that will all go away here when I load back my AED tune here in about 5 minutes :)

Previous DYNO was 403/373.....stay tuned

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
Looking forward to your result today.:thumbup:

Quick question. This will definitely throw a cel right? So no aftermarket tune no go?

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
I'm having crazy problems uploading this dynongraph...have to wait till I get to work to do it

Anyway car made 407/376 on a mustang Dyno.. And it was a "cool" 88 degrees out lol

1 thing to note, this is the first AED tune...has not even been data logged yet ....I'm sure Shaun will squeeze out a few extra ponies

Mods are hf catted x, gt500 mufflers, and tune. :)

Users who are viewing this thread