Stock Car Race Question

RookieBeotch

Post Whore!!
Established Member
I havn't been to a stock car race since i was a little kid, and have a few questions, i noticed when ordering the tickets the more expensive tickets were in the higher grandstands which didnt make sense, when in most entertainment you want to be as close as possible, have any of you had a problem being in the lower grandstand? thats pretty much my question i feel like i would want to be closest to the action.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
When I went to the races, one of them we were 9 rows up from the bottom. It's sweet being close to the cars and being loud, but it's too loud for me w/o ear protection. The only downside to being close is you can't see whats happening on the other side.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Races are the opposite of a concert. The higher the better. You can see the whole track then.

Down in the cheap seats, you get pelted with crap flying around getting stirred up by the cars. Lots of marbles flying around as well! Crap gets in your eyes, your eyes water from unburned fuel, it's not pretty.

Get the highest seat possible!

FWIW

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Hooligan02

We're all full of lies
Established Member
I went to the Daytona 500 last year, we were pretty close. Same thing, the higher you are the more of the track you can see, we still had good seats, just couldn't see what was happening straight across the track.

331Blown93

Established Member
The higher seats will not only give you better visibility but the seats themselves are usually better (backs,armrests,and leg room). Try to get close to the start/finish line. I would also recommend purchasing a good scanner to keep up with the driver communications throughout the race.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
331Blown93 said:
The higher seats will not only give you better visibility but the seats themselves are usually better (backs,armrests,and leg room). Try to get close to the start/finish line. I would also recommend purchasing a good scanner to keep up with the driver communications throughout the race.
+1

Ironhand

Banned
331Blown93 said:

When I went to a race a few years back I tried to buy one of those scanners and they were charging 150 for the set. They get you coming and going and beer is only 10 bucks for a sippy cup..

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Ironhand said:
When I went to a race a few years back I tried to buy one of those scanners and they were charging 150 for the set. They get you coming and going and beer is only 10 bucks for a sippy cup..

I know that too. I bought one years ago before they outlawed the upper channels on the scanners. I still have it just don't use it. Even bought the head sets. They are a must have a some tracks.
Watch out for the $7.50 - $10.00 hamburger with nothing on it. Pack a small cooler if allowed with snack sized chips, water if you drink it, plastic bottled pop, sandwiches and such. Most tracks will make you discard any and all types of glass. It also makes the race a lot more enjoyable when you don't have to think about how much you just spent for food and drinks. We set next to an elderly man a few years ago at Bristol who brown bagged it. He had a 2 liter Coke, a box of crackers, bag of chips, pack of bologna, a couple of cans of potted meat and such. We would not spend a lot on food at the track and my wife was so starved after the race just from this old man eating all race long. People sitting around us were trying to buy his food he brought but he would not part with a thing. HA HA. It was great.
Enjoy your race.

RookieBeotch

Post Whore!!
Established Member
yeah, I'm really looking forward to it it's my first race that i'll be able to remember atleast, I'm not really sure what to expect cars and drivers wise, it's at a relativly new track called the Iowa Speedway I think it was Rusty Wallace who played a key role in designing it. Thanks for all the replys

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
It depends on what track you're at. At Texas Motor Speedway (Dicky's and Samsung 500's), I like across from Pit Row entrance about 10 - 15 rows up. You can see the whole track, big video screen right in front in case you do miss something and at turn 4 just before the finish line. Go Matt Kenseth!!

Users who are viewing this thread