Stock Brembo Rotors

inVision

Established Member
Hey guys, I called tire rack to order replacement rotors - and was told they don't carry the 00R rotors by themselves.

Does anyone have a tire rack part # I can give them? Thanks.

inVision

Established Member
Never mind :rollseyes

I found out they are the same as the 03 Cobra so I ordered a pair for $71/each.
:)

Andy M

Established Member
Mike,

I have a contact at Brembo in case you need other parts at some point, such as calipers and such?..

I am not sure on this, but I do not think the stock '03 rotors are the same as the Brembo's which came on the R???

Fred, what is the real answer on this one??? I know the rotors I have cost a HELLAVU lot more than $71.00 each!! :eek:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Andy M said:
Mike,

I have a contact at Brembo in case you need other parts at some point, such as calipers and such?..

I am not sure on this, but I do not think the stock '03 rotors are the same as the Brembo's which came on the R???

Fred, what is the real answer on this one??? I know the rotors I have cost a HELLAVU lot more than $71.00 each!! :eek:

They are the same rotor, the plating is basically the difference.

Brian

inVision

Established Member
Does the plating affect performance at all? At $71/each I'm not too concerned about longevity.

Cobra-R

Established Member
inVision said:
Does the plating affect performance at all? At $71/each I'm not too concerned about longevity.

Nope, you burn the plating off at the track right away anyways. (the Brembo rotors from the tire rack will come plated, the ones from Ford won't.)

Brian

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Andy M said:

They are exactly the same. My open track rotor set for my 00R brembos are the ones from tire rack.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Andy M said:
Mike,

I know the rotors I have cost a HELLAVU lot more than $71.00 each!! :eek:

Andy:

If you want to save mucho denaro on your rotors you can send one of your old ones to Terry and have him get a quote for you on them? I found Terry's rotors to not only be a lot less expensive but higher quality. (they last longer too)

I don't like the Brembo floaters for two reasons: Expense and quality. The "R" is too heavy for the amount of mass in the Brembo rotor. Lucky for you, you're not doing a lot of events at Road America. That place eats up brakes!!!

They have two different castings they can make your rotors from. The DV-30 is a heavier piece and the DV-32 is similar to what you're running.

The prices they get for the Brembo's is insane!!! :bash:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
ShelbyGuy said:
tce has hats that clear the 00r brembos (apparently baer claws dont)

John:

Just to clarify for everyone, my above post was only for the rotor that would go onto the existing Brembo hats that Andy already has. If you need replacement bobbins, (attaching hardware) Terry can also get those.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Andy M

Established Member
Bruce,

When it comes time again for a new set, I will give Terry a call. Thanks!! My current set I think is good for this year... we shall see??...

Users who are viewing this thread