Stock brakes

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
Today I was driving back to the house on one of my favorite roads back when I had my crotch rocket.:-D The hardest I have ever drove my L was today. I was running anywhere from 60mph-100mph on this particular road. This road goes up a mountain and back down. Just paved about 6 months ago. Gotta love it. This road is pretty hard on anything trying to run hard. I notice halfway through that my F1's where starting to roll over in the curves or getting so hot they where starting to give away. I also notice the brakes where getting extremely hot and were producing that nasty smell hot brakes make. Not only did I smell the brakes but I could smell something else. Not rubber. It was a smell I have never smelt before. I think the supercharger was getting to hot from producing boost for that length of time, which was causing that wierd smell. Am I right? This smell is my only consern. So about 3 miles from the house I took it easy to let everything cool off and whine down before I parked it. If I do that to much the stock brakes and rotors have to go. Fells like the weight of the truck is to much under a great load. There fine under normal driving conditions but when they start to heat up they fell spongy almost like a chevy's brakes. When I made it home the L was make more noise then it ever has. I couldn't smell anything anymore except for the brakes a little.

Helix:thumbsup:

P.S. It took me 3 miles to whine down too, if you know what I mean.

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
If the brakes go, its just an excuse to get bigger ones:thumbsup:

But seriously, I dont know the smell your talking about, maybe someone like Larry will

Triton

Established Member
Yes these vehicles are just to heavy for real sustained road course flogging or down mountian roads,, I was wondering if anyone could help me with pads,, like what kind to by for fairly aggressive street and some auto-xing and of course for LIGHTNINGFEST!! my truck has just over 14,000 miles,, i am only interested in the best pads i can get,, Also i should NOT have to turn all the rotors will I??? and i am gonna flush out the old fluid also,, what kind of new B-fluid should be put back in? Big thankyous to all responders!!!!:beer: Greg,,,

Users who are viewing this thread