stock boost on new '02 at 10lbs

Jon02SVT

Axe me about Ebonics
Established Member
Just wanted to ask what normal boost on a completely stock 2002 Lightning should be. I just got mine and it hits 10lbs when I thought 8lbs was the stock limit. Conditions are about high 30's low 40's degrees at whatever Minneapolis elevation might be and the truck is just over 1,000 miles old. I seem to have gotten a factory freak, running within a lenght to my buddy with a low 13 sec LS1 camaro past 1/4 mile speeds. Oh yeah i have a pic up of the new truck at my website: http://www.geocities.com/jon99gt/Lightningpage1.html

Boosted32V

Established Member
Hey congrats on your new 'L, I have one just like it, same color and everything. I too saw 10 lbs of boost and I was told from someone here that I am seeing a wrong gauge? Anyway I put on a K&N airfilter in the stock box and it picked up 2lbs of boost, my gauge is showing 11 to 12 lbs of boost. 'H'

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
yep that is correct
factory boost guage = junk
if you really wnt to know pick up a autometer boost guage
the new luner guages match the stock guages perfect:beer:

congrats on the new truck :-D

66mnstang

Established Member
yeah but i never put my front plate on so i didn't go down there with my L

Jon02SVT

Axe me about Ebonics
Established Member
The dealer did me the favor of drilling into the front bumper for me, so I do have a front plate... I'm sure you will see me down there whenever it gets warmer out.

66mnstang

Established Member
i have the holes in my bumper but it just looks so much better without a plate. and i have not gotten pulled over for it yet, luckily

jakhammer

Established Member
Jon99GT
This is al little off topic, but I see you hang at grandamgt.com . I also hang over there. I was just wondering if you still do much over there.

How does the new L compare to the Grand Am? I am considering an L, but the Grand Am is staying, the F-150 will be going.

jakhammer

Jon02SVT

Axe me about Ebonics
Established Member
I still stop over at the grandamgt.com forum to see what is new, but I don't really post much anymore. I basically did everything you can do to my GT, well over $10k in aftermarket parts and almost 90k miles (all me as the driver). As much as I loved it, driving the L made me forget. You can't really compair a Lightning to a Grand Am. Lightning is a better preformer in every catagory hands down. Its more comfortable to drive plus the ability to use the bed and tow is nice. The main downside is the gas mileage, about $30 for 240 miles vs $13 for 290 miles.

Basically my advice would be keep the Grand Am, its a great car. Get a Lightning, you will not be sorry :)

Users who are viewing this thread