Stock Blower Mods and Horsepower

kent1

Established Member
Currently I have the evolution stage 2 on my car and aftermarket he. It is currently producing boost at 14 psi. In a week or two, I am going to put a 66 TB., ported elbow and blower, lowered pulley and a custom tune for above mods. I am going to stay with the stock exhaust as long as I can. I am trying to get around 600 horsepower at the wheels. What do you estimate the horsepower will be with above mods? Your assistance is appreciated.

EX1

Established Member
your tune is going to be the biggest factor. Also, you will be able to open up quite a bit more power with exhaust work. 600rwhp is attainable with just the mods you listed but why shove more air into the motor and not help remove it as well?

kent1

Established Member
your tune is going to be the biggest factor. Also, you will be able to open up quite a bit more power with exhaust work. 600rwhp is attainable with just the mods you listed but why shove more air into the motor and not help remove it as well?

I know the car will breathe better with aftermarket exhaust. But I like the car quiet. I don't like loud exhaust sounds anymore. Thats all. I may get mid pipe with bigger cats on it with stock mufflers. Later I will add the one piece aluminum drive shaft. Thanks for the reply.

tktlwyr

Established Member
+1.

I think I'm headed the same direction as Kent. My last Mustang, a NA '98 Cobra, was pretty pretty hairy as a daily driver due to the exhaust (including turn-downs), the 4.56 gears and the Detroit Locker.

A nice sleeper is good for a change!

jimh

Established Member
I know the car will breathe better with aftermarket exhaust. But I like the car quiet. I don't like loud exhaust sounds anymore. Thats all. I may get mid pipe with bigger cats on it with stock mufflers. Later I will add the one piece aluminum drive shaft. Thanks for the reply.

+1 Maybe I'm just getting old, but I like it quiet. Easier to suprise someone too.

ZXMustang

Banned
Just throw an offroad X on there with the stock mufflers. It will sound great but not loud. The cats are the big restriction.

kent1

Established Member
BTW-VMP is going to do the custom tune and installs. It will be a fun trip. It has been a while since I have been to Florida. Yes, the car will be a sleeper-:D:rockon:

Stupercharged

Established Member
haha thats funny ... you want a sleeper yet you drive a car with big shelby letters and snakes on it? like some1 isnt gona know your car is fast? not bashing i just think sleeper + gt500 is an oxymoron.

500DRAGPAC

Established Member
it's funny because I don't like a loud car it sucks,my car had magna flow mufflers (stock shape) and off road x-pipe and it sounded great it had a deep tone and no drone at cruising speeds and most important it made HP with a stage 2 from evo to start with I made 563&563 then evo added the lower pulley,throttle body and heat exchanger and new tune it made 606hp and I can't remember the tq but you could ask fred at evo. on the stage2 in the aug. heat the car ran 11.20's after with the new setup the next year in aug. it ran 10.80's thats 4tenths and then I sold the car so I never got the chance to run it in the cold air to see how much better it would have done compared to my best time on the stage 2 in the fall of 10.65 @130.....

EX1

Established Member
so buy a catted x-pipe and full body mufflers. It wont be much louder than stock and it will open it up a lot.

kent1

Established Member
so buy a catted x-pipe and full body mufflers. It wont be much louder than stock and it will open it up a lot.

I will most likely do this. I am having parts installed Tuesday of next week. I was told that I could add the high flowing cats and one piece aluminum drive shaft later and it want affect my tune.

BTW-your car is impressive for a stock blower. Is there anything left to increase the horsepower on your car?

EX1

Established Member
I will most likely do this. I am having parts installed Tuesday of next week. I was told that I could add the high flowing cats and one piece aluminum drive shaft later and it want affect my tune.

BTW-your car is impressive for a stock blower. Is there anything left to increase the horsepower on your car?

Thank you! I could put a 2.4 upper pulley on it and make 17-18psi. Still debating though. What limits me is only having 90 octane in my area so my tune sucks

kent1

Established Member
Thank you! I could put a 2.4 upper pulley on it and make 17-18psi. Still debating though. What limits me is only having 90 octane in my area so my tune sucks

I asked the speed shop (Justin) about getting the 2.4 pulley myself but the parts want be available for a few more weeks and I did not want to wait any longer. So I am going with the standard 2.6 top and lower pulley. My car is making 14 psi with 2.6. I wander what the boost will be after the other installs. Interesting!:rolling:

It is to bad you can't get a higher octane fuel. You are losing what 10 to 20 horsepower. I know you are really know this. R u running a 100 octane tune at the track! If not, is this a consideration in the future?

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member

you could always run the kooks 1-7/8's with catted x and svt1 mufflers
just a tad above stock..its only when your pressing play that gets kinda loud

Users who are viewing this thread