stock block

Ltnstrk

Established Member
I am thinking about upgrading to a better blower, KB or whipple- if they ever release them. My question is on how much h.p. a stock block can take. Im right now at 426/500 at #13 of boost and want to know how much boost I could run out of a kb safely.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
I ran 17#'s for a year and never had a problem. I also upgraded my pumps, injectors, and MAF. All of that with a good tune and you should be fine. My truck never dyno'd well, but I ran a best of 11.49@ 118 with a best dyno of 484hp on the stock block.

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I am WELL over 500 with my NOS and still on the stock bottom end wtih stage 2 cams. I recently went 11.89 on Nittos 555's not the DR's with a 50 shot and full weight.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Gives creedance to the 99-00's having stronger bottoms than the later ones, it is all in the tune and how you run it too though. Your truck sure is purdy pimp! I gotta clean mine up tomorrow.

TXSVT1

Established Member
fastasLtn said:
I am thinking about upgrading to a better blower, KB or whipple- if they ever release them. My question is on how much h.p. a stock block can take. Im right now at 426/500 at #13 of boost and want to know how much boost I could run out of a kb safely.

if you don't mind me asking what has been your best e.t to date with your posted mods and do you have a dyno tune????

Ltnstrk

Established Member
I havent taken it to the track with these mods, when I do I will post them. Yes this is with a dyno tune. It was tuned by a sct dealer here in the chicago land area, Sutton Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread