Stock Block/Stock internals..

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
For those of you guys that went turbo, with stockblock/stock internals what kind of power are you making and what kit. I would love to go with a TT kit because of the Instant power but i personally feel one huge turbo is more impressive. Anyways what is safe (not do-able) but safe to run these cars at w/o worrying about problems.

TRBO VNM

you mod the car you need to worry....well, maybe not worry, but you need to be prepared for the inevitable. I run 10-15# on the street, that is about 500-600+. at the track I run 700+ with higher octane fuel. I also have a very conservative tune. with the proper fuel and safe tune you should be good for a while as long as you aren't pushing huge hp all the time. use the boost controller to turn it down when you don't really need it.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
Im talking like 500hp-600 max...and like 400-450 just driving around. I dont need anything more than that. Yes i know, a whipple and KB will do that but i prefer a turbo only b/c they are so KICK ASS :D

TRBO VNM

Smokey1226 said:
Im talking like 500hp-600 max...and like 400-450 just driving around. I dont need anything more than that. Yes i know, a whipple and KB will do that but i prefer a turbo only b/c they are so KICK ASS :D

if you want to spend the money, by all means do it and you will be very safe if the fuel and tune are done accordingly. you will make those numbers with no problem. I would also recommend the T66 with the hellion single kit. spool up time will be very fast and all you to go over 700 later on.

Users who are viewing this thread