Stock Block Stock Boost and a Kenne Bell

Brahmus

SVT Cajun
Established Member
Ok, according to the KB site the Stock lower pulley used with a 3.5 upper nets 9psi. How safe is it to run that with the stock tune, 80mm maf, injectors etc?

Just curious. I'll have the KB in my hands Friday but the BA2400, Injectors, and Tune will be a month or two off. So I want to know is it "safe", "sane" to install the KB?

This would be going on a completely stock 00.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
KenneSVT said:
Ha...I thought I was worried.

Sorry to Hijack,You should have Bob aka Fade2Black drill out some holes in that pulley..He does an awsome job.Here's mine..

101_0155.jpg

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Brahmus said:
Elaborate please. haha.. What do you mean?

I think he meant that you were worried about running a KB with stock boost when he is running a KB pushing 520/612 to tha Pavement with a stock block..@16PSI..

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
You will be fine but wont get nearly the power that the KB has to offer..Why not just wait then if you want to stay with 9psi?

Brahmus

SVT Cajun
Established Member
Makes sense.

Because it will drive me crazy on the dinner table for a month or two until I can get a MAF, injectors and a tune. I plan to bump her to 14psi then.

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
Most have said you can run up to about 14 psi on the factory fuel system. I am going to give it a try, the only "supporting mod" I got was a SCT BA 2800

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
For the record, im running on the stock fuel system. I just found out the other day at the track about my injectors being stock. Unless the guy changed out the tip....but who would do that?

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
As long as you get a good tune you can run 14psi safe with out injectors or maf extender... Its all in the tune....

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
KenneSVT said:
For the record, im running on the stock fuel system. I just found out the other day at the track about my injectors being stock. Unless the guy changed out the tip....but who would do that?

You my friend better put 60lb injectors in ASAP!!

Brahmus

SVT Cajun
Established Member
Well I would feel better upgrading my 80mm MAF to a BA2400. I know the pumps are ok but the injectors are getting close to the limit. Why spend the $ on a tune then find out later I would be better with 60's and have to retune. This way I could always pump the boost for the track and back it down for the street.. For now I'll be happy with the KB and 9psi. Hell might be worth it to see if there is any difference with a more efficent blower in the lower boost range.

Bootie

Established Member
I think the upgraded MAF is key. My buddy nearly maxed out his 80mm with just a tune on a stock truck.

XxsvtkidxX

Established Member
i am going to be running 14#s of boost on my kenne bell...and getting it tuned this weekend.......i have a stock block and injectors......i got the diablo mafia....and a plenum

Users who are viewing this thread