Stock block + Nitrous

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
I know how nitrous works but I don't know what affects it has on a motor. Would a 50-75 shot hurt a stock 5.4? I have heard some people say it doesn't hurt anything if used correctly with small amounts. I wouldn' t mind getting a 50 or 75 shot. But NOT if it is going to hurt my motor at all. I don't have the money if my motor was to blow.

Thanks,

Helix

75 wet shot would be fine with the correct tune. No problems.

Edit: My answer was totally vague. It depends on what your current mods. I would say a KB on a stock block with 18 PSI and then nitrous is not safe. I would not advise more than 75 shot with more than 5lbs pulley.

You say your motor is stock, but I am not totally clear, if that means you have any mods. Either way you will need tuning. I recomend Sal@PSP, Amazon, or a local dynotuner. If you do decide to go with NOS, you will need the PSP plate. It's 75 extra dollars and it's worth it.

I would go with a Zex wet kit. Safe, affordable, easy to hook up and you can't beat the warranty.:rolleyes:

That's about the extent of my knowledge. Yes I do use nitrous on my whip too.:rockon:

Last edited:

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
My truck has no perfromance mods at all. I was thinking all the basic mods like; boost bypass, FTVB, CAI, Silver bullet, etc.... With a 4 lb lower and a 75 shot. I will probably have to wait on the nitrous. I haven't priced it yet but I know it is going to be expensive. Just like everything else this day in time. Hard to believe the price of a 20oz drink these days.

So you think a 75 shot rarely used will last for years to come, with a good tune from PSP with a predator?

Thanks,

Helix

Last edited:
Originally posted by Helix

So you think a 75 shot rarely used will last for years to come, with a good tune from PSP with a predator?

Thanks,

Helix

Correct. I think a 75 shot is fine, even if you eventually upgrade to a 4lb pulley. Sal is the man when it come's to nitrous on these trucks. I would strongly consider getting a PSP Predator and nitrous plate. Those two things will be the key to keeping your motor safe on nitrous. I think you'll have plenty of use with that setup.:thumbsup:

Theres a lot of other great tuners out there. I just prefer Sal because he seems to have gotten the nitrous area down pretty damn good.:beer:

Hope that helps

Last edited:

NOMANIAC3

Established Member
I Have A Nos Plate Kit For The O3 Cobra With A 2.80 Pulley Only. Would A 100 Shot Be Ok With A Tune Or Do I Need Something Else

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
on a rock stock truck a 75 shot could be sprayed with not tunning if you double check the a/f ratio on a dyno. Even then if it gets out of line just keep raising the fuel jet till its right

Users who are viewing this thread