Stock block - new 1/4 mile times! Terminate this!

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
This is still on the Original Ford built 302 Shortblock including STOCK CAM! Motor has never been out of the car yet!

And made some fun passes. I think the car has plenty left in it.. But I'm happy with the 60fts and times..

Best time of the day

[email protected] w/ a 1.49 60FT! With a best 60ft of 1.48 9that was a sick ride)

I couldn't get the car to maximize, because on teh top end I was losing traction! No BS, the car would hook, go out then in 3rd gear, it would start to get nutty on me.. I think the track was slick on the top end, but either way, we had a blast!

Thanks to Jeff and Dan for all their help!

My timeslip and Pics of the day...

ChrisvsMike.jpg

Dan tweakin the laptop..

csk01.JPG

Roomate and I for the opening race of the day.

csk03.JPG

csk04.JPG

csk05.JPG

csk09.JPG

csk10.JPG

Last edited:

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
Engine mods really aren't that crazy.. Biggest things are the heads/Intake and a GOOD fuel system.. The DFI is a huge help too.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by Chris95SVT
Engine mods really aren't that crazy.. Biggest things are the heads/Intake and a GOOD fuel system.. The DFI is a huge help too.

I'd think the turbo helps a little...

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
Sweet! :thumbsup: :D

(Long time no see BTW!)

Yea, I really don't come around these parts very often.. I was with SVTPerformance from back in the day when they first started, but I have noticed this forum is kinda biased to the ever so popular and over rated "Terminator".. TurboMustangs.com is my home, I read alot here, but I don't have much to add because my car is a dinosaur compared to the new Cobra's. Just tryin to prove you can make old technology work if you put your mind to it.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Chris95SVT
Yea, I really don't come around these parts very often.. I was with SVTPerformance from back in the day when they first started, but I have noticed this forum is kinda biased to the ever so popular and over rated "Terminator".. TurboMustangs.com is my home, I read alot here, but I don't have much to add because my car is a dinosaur compared to the new Cobra's. Just tryin to prove you can make old technology work if you put your mind to it.

I dont agree that the new Cobra is over rated (I do agree there is a bias though on SVTperformance), but I myself never doubted the 5.0's potential... The 302 was rated in the top 10 greatest engines of the 20th century, there's obviously a reason for that.

Glad to see your having fun though, and very impressive times for not ever having the engine out of the car!

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
You have that car setup perfect man!

I never said the 5.0 wasnt an awesome motor....and I am a Terminator owner.

The 5.0 can take some punishment..big time..and turbocharger does wonders to them when setup right..especially with a good suspension and rear/tire combo.

We are Stang/Ford people and to me..I never put down any of them....we are family.

Again..way to go bro!

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
Thanks guys.. And no offense to anybody about those comments, was just "Thinking out loud"

Users who are viewing this thread