stock block and internals

BURGESS04COBRA

Established Member
whats the hp /boost limit on the stock block and internals for my 04 cobra dont want this to be a dyno queen this is ganna be a driver and weekend racer now and again i have seen posts of 700-1100 rwhp but everyone says that just cars pushing it to max just to see . im thinking of a blower up grade with the supporting mods but i dont wanna go so big the engine needs pulled and built up .thinking a vmp 2.3 for blower or the whipple 2.9
thanks

If you're looking to get a 100k out of that long block..it seems that 600 - 625rwhp is the range for that kind of longevity.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
depending on abuse and how its used ive seen 750-1000. now again there are a lot of factors in this. my advise is to have a small nest egg set aside if your motor takes a dump so you can fix/replace it. always have money for a rainy day so to say...

but i ran 650 on my old setup with no issues. sold that motor and built a nice stroker for more power with the new turbo and that was my choice. but honestly 750 would probably be a good safe limit before you start getting extreme.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Let's just say if your motor is in good health that you won't need to worry about it giving up.

Remember the most important thing when it comes to longetivity is a nice safe tune.

thanks man and i must say love the sig and icon under your name

:beer:

I am at 733/682 using e85 on the stock motor.
My car gets daily driven and a lot of track time.

Where you at in miles Senkak?

730/655 on E85. And I don't drive it much

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Where you at in miles? Quoting power numbers is great...but for the real world user...only mileage will help settle these kind of debates?

depending on abuse and how its used ive seen 750-1000. now again there are a lot of factors in this. my advise is to have a small nest egg set aside if your motor takes a dump so you can fix/replace it. always have money for a rainy day so to say...

but i ran 650 on my old setup with no issues. sold that motor and built a nice stroker for more power with the new turbo and that was my choice. but honestly 750 would probably be a good safe limit before you start getting extreme.

How many miles did you have on your stock longblock at 650 before seeling that motor?

I've been running between. 600 700 for 10 years. Stock block 60k and still running strong.

Now that's promising to hear. 60k at those power levels is impressive and comforting. :beer:

Let's just say if your motor is in good health that you won't need to worry about it giving up.

Remember the most important thing when it comes to longetivity is a nice safe tune.

Tune is important but the internals in our longblock are far from bullet proof. When looking at engine longevity...a nice safe tune is important...but not the only limited factor to long engine life. Not trying to be cynical...but some in the Terminator community try and give people the impression that you can throw loads of power at these longblocks and see thousands of miles of trouble free operation. And there is a limit as to reliable power for those that actually mash the go pedal.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Its all in the tune and how you drive it. My plan is to make around 600 for driving around town and have a race gas tune making around 650. IMO anywhere in the 600-650 range should last quite awhile.

Quick Strike

Established Member
It also depends on how you use it. A stock engine at stock power levels can do 5th and 6th gear pulls without issue, but turn up the power and those same pulls net butting rings , broken pistons and .............. That is why we increase ring gap and piston clearance as our first step in the built motor. It also gives us a little more tolerance, or forgiveness as we turn up the power and utility.

BURGESS04COBRA

Established Member
Thanks for all the info .my tuner got all the new clutch input shaft flywheel etc. Put in did the head cooling maid new plugs to fix spark blow out. And called me to sayI made less power than before traced it to the ice pump new one should be on this week with a tweaked tune im at 63k miles should wait on a blower upgrade. Its stock blower with 2.76 Pulley ,SCT chip and tune, headers etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread