Stock Auto 5.0 dyno numbers.

03lowram

Established Member
I put the car on the dyno today just to get a baseline number on it before I started dumping money into it. What do you guys think about these numbers on the car? They dyno'd the car in 3rd. not a 4th gear pull.

Car is stock, auto, 3:15 gears, it was about 80 degrees outside.
Made 2 pulls back to back.. I had been driving the car all morning and gettin on it here and there.. It probably sat and cooled down for 10mins, so not to long.

dyno001.jpg

I plan on running tune, full bolts on, full exhaust, maybe change to 3:73's or 4:10's, and spray 100-125 shot.

Thanks guys.
Sam.

Last edited:

REPCobra10

Established Member
From what I've seen, those numbers fall in line with the norm of automatic transmission 5.0's. Now, start modding, brother! You'll love the difference...:beer:

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
Thats normal, i run a VMP tune and steeda CAI and put down 388/380 the auto's always dyno lower

RC-5.0

Established Member
Here's mine..dyno'd in 3rd also with heavier and 20" rims and tires:

IMG_2253.jpg

Second is after tune...so as you can see, yours (like they said) is pretty much in line with stock!

RC

03lowram

Established Member
Thanks guys. After throwing it on the dyno today I got the itch to buy some go fast parts. So here we go!! Full bolt ons, and spray ;)

03lowram

Established Member
Wish I could have made a 4th gear pull.. But its whatever.
I've been hearing that Dyno jets read a little bit lower for some reason..

I'm thinking about these parts.. (whats best for the auto)
AED Tune or LMR here in Houston, X-pipe, Kooks axle back, JLT intake, Boss Mani, swap gears to 3:73's, run 305/35/20 tires. Then spray a little down the road.

G Wrecks

Established Member
Wish I could have made a 4th gear pull.. But its whatever.
I've been hearing that Dyno jets read a little bit lower for some reason..

I'm thinking about these parts.. (whats best for the auto)
AED Tune or LMR here in Houston, X-pipe, Kooks axle back, JLT intake, Boss Mani, swap gears to 3:73's, run 305/35/20 tires. Then spray a little down the road.

Sam,

Thanks again for coming out on Saturday, the money you paid to put your car on the dyno will be greatly appreciated at Toys for Tots.

You have a pretty decent idea of what you want to do with your car, but I'd say to get the most power, go with a lethal performance, or magnaflow true off road X pipe that mounts up to the stock manifolds, then either have someone remove the resonators, or get the magnaflow competition cat back exhaust system. These modifications, along with a CAI and boss intake manifold should put you just over the 400rwhp mark.

As far as your rear gears go, I'd actually recommend 3.55's over the 3.73's for an auto, but either way they will be a big upgrade compared to the stock 3.15's.

btw, this is Garrett the guy with the black mustang that works at LMR

03lowram

Established Member
What's up man! I had a great time Saturday. I'm actually buying a set stainless works longtubes along with highflow cats and x-pipe this Saturday. I'll bring the car back by and get it dyno'd again. Also gonna add kooks axle back to the set up as well. Should sound wicked along with gaining a good amout of power.

I also plan on running a 305/35/20 tire in the rear, so I'm thinking a taller gear will be ideal for making up that power I may lose down low.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So what year 5.0 was this. An Congrats on the baseline. How many miles on the car?

r.barn

Established Member
Very nice.. so off hand why was 3rd gear used over 4th. I thought you wanted the gear thats 1:1 or closet 1:1 to get true numbers.

Many dyno operators dont like to make pulls in the 1:1 gear because of the speed reached on the dyno. Going 160+mph on the dyno is dangerous. At 6,500 rpm on 28" tires and a 3.15 rear end, you are doing 170+mph on the dyno.

The hp readout difference is only slightly off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread